Should I date even though I'm not over my ex?

its been 2 months and i am still in love but then again i know doing nothing isn't gonna help either im conflicted

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, but take it slow with going deep with the new girl or you'll act and look stupid comparing her with the old one.

What Girls Said 11

• You are Not Yet... Ready Eddy. You may End up Comparing any "Her" to Her.
    Go slow for now. Take time, More it seems, to Lick those War Wounds. The Holidays are coming up but I do Think the Best from the Rest thing you Should do at Present is, Socialize with Family and Friends who Are a Southern Comfort and Not those who are a Downer.
    Next Year, dear, as Time does Eventually Heal all Wounds, may be the Time to Go down a Fine Line and Nurse and Nurture Someone Special, Providing you Begin with Friendship Only. xx

• 22d

Thank you for the Like, dear. xx

• 2d

may I ask what is your nationality?

• 2d

I have a Few, actually: German, Dutch, French, Irish, Polish, and English. xx

• Don't reinvest your heart until you've had time to recover - that's only going to end up hurting you worse. It's ok to date casually following a break-up (assuming the other party knows your stance) but that's a skill and not everyone can do it successfully.

• It's not a great idea to just run into another relationship to "move on" or find comfort. Give yourself some time to breathe or that relationship is going to be confusing and difficult and most likely unsuccessful

• no don't do that...

• Yes date. A lot.

• As long as you keep in mind and tell yourself it's not a rebound, then I see no problem with it. I'm actually going through the same thing myself. But just remember, you need to have some 'you' time. So go out, flirt, and have fun to get your mind off things, if you need to, as well! :)

• Yes - you won't move on until someone else consumes your thoughts.

• no it's not really fair to the girl

• yes, it helps to move on

• Yes move on from him.

• 22d

my ex is a woman lol not saying this in a bad way but why would you assume i like guys?

• 22d

lol fair enough thanks for the reply

• 2d

who did you thought i was by the way

• Yea do it

What Guys Said 11

• Mannnnnn Bruv I've been asking that question for nearly a year now.

I suggest just telling the girls you attempt to get involved with, where your minds at. I let them know my ex is still the girl I believe I'm suppose to be with. And if they stay or suggest we still have fun together, well then cool, I don't have to feel like I'm hiding a big secret ya know.

But I know when my ex text, a severe heavy tidal wave devastates me with love for her and I'd leave any "other" girl to be with her. I'm sure there's something wrong with that but *sigh* whatta ya gannna do aye.
    www.onegoodshare.com/.../...ump-shrug-1024x551.jpg

• Nope not until you are over her completely otherwise you might wreck another relationship

• You are not satisfied with something. Rushing to a relationship is terrible rather find a way to let some steam off while trying not to catch feelings.

• It's only going to help you get over your ex? No sense living in the past

• No... don't do that... First of all be over with the ex, and then move on...

• Yeah I'll pretend to be a white knight so you can have sex with me fake nice is the best thing.

• Yes you should date or else you will end up like me... a bitter old alcoholic.
    Think tyrion lannister.

• 2d

sorry dude. but its not to late for you, everyday needs its own purpose

• 2d

I have a purpose, it's just no longer with women, i ran that gauntlet twice. Both relationships lasted long 4 and 3 years respectively. One ended with cheating on her behalf and the other drama that was unneeded.

• She is why not you.

• Just stay single for life and get some hobbies, what I decided to do years ago.

• 2d

thank you for sharing but i disagree. love is a part of who i am , single for life ain't for me

• Yes date inveen there my nigga

• no man don't trust me I banged three girls with in a month of breaking up with my ex (7 years). love is like cocaine and you have to let it detox before you can move on. (dont even masterbate or lisen to music for one month). Get your dopamine back in check. One girl that was in a 8 year relationship that I hooked up with was good but it makes things harder to meet a girl for you. I had a crush on her friend but I thought thats out the window now. Good luck man