How to tell my boyfriend that I want to wait until marriage to have sex?

I am 23 years old, I am a virgin (I have never had any kind of sexual relationship) and my dream is to save myself for marriage because I have always dreamed of surrendering myself to the love of my life. It turns out I started dating a few weeks ago, a guy that I'm almost certain of is no longer a virgin... And I'm really liking him! He knows I'm a virgin and he always respected me, but he still does not know my dream.
How can I tell you about my will? What if he does not accept it? I fear he will abandon me for this, but at the same time I can not let go of my dream.

Please, don't say that I can have "another ways" to please him, because I think this is sex anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just tell him. If he doesn't accept it, then he isn't the one you want to be with. No, it's not easy, but a man that loves you and wants to be with you will accept that. Even if it's hard, he'll do it because he loves you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly. You must say the guy honestly that you do not want a sexual relationship before marriage. You have to find the right words. If he loves you, he agreed to wait)

• 23d

"I started dating a few weeks ago, a guy"

He is totally waiting until marriage.

What Guys Said 19

• boyfriend, im boring and i am going to wait till marriage to have sex. u have to deal with that and not know what u are getting, and marry someone as a gamble before u can have sex and see if we are a compatible match. if u are not ok with that u need to leave right now...

if u think im joking and were laughing while u read that, then thats how stupid u sound to others when they read what u said also. sex is half a relationship. u want to have some GAMBLE that they will match u on half a compatibality "test" till after they get married? lol nice one. well good luck on suckering in some naive kid. u are setting the relationship up for failure, guess u have a chance for success as always in any gamble. good luck.

• if it's your goal then you just have to be prepared to tell any and every potential partner that it's your plan. if they don't accept it then unfortunately they aren't accepting your plans and then oyu have to move on

• That's beautiful 💙☺️ Just tell him that same way. If he loves you, he'll wait

• Why wait? If you love each other you should be able to express that at a deep level before marriage. I guess if i didn't know what it was to have sex it would be easier to wait until marriage but I had a taste of it so now i could never wait. You buy flowers, you tell her you love her, you kiss, you tell her how beautiful she is and how she makes you happy but for me nothing will compare to the amount of energy and connection you will feel with the person you love by having sex. Not having sex before marriage is a thing of religion and the human race was having sex even before religion even said it wasn't ok to do so. It is definitely the best connection to a person you will ever feel. Life is too short to wait and lose out on the amazing feeling you get out of sex. What if i told you you can't have cake until you eat your wedding cake? Why? You're wasting precious time on enjoyable things in life. Live and enjoy life to the fullest.

• Just be upfront about it. Better you tell it as it is than not and then be pleasantly "surprised."

• I would have no problem with waiting if the girl wanted that and I really liked the girl, so he will wait too (if he truly appreciates and likes you).

• Just tell him, no matter the outcome. It's unfair to lead him on if he doesn't want to wait like you do. Hell he could be one that never wants to marry at all, I never did.

• Just let him know. Sit him down and express your goal and desire to wait and let him know how Important is to you.

• keep the dream because that would be the relationship to envy later on. just don't rush into marriage

• You'll want to tell him sooner rather than later. How long have you been dating?

• That's a pretty big thing to leave to chance. What happens if you marry him and find out you're sexually incompatible. He likes submissive women and you're dominant. Oopsies!

• All that you need to do is tell him.
    Tell him that you like him a lot, but you are also committed to the idea of having sex with your husband only and only after you have been married.

• 23d

PS: If he gets so horny that he starts to go crosseyed, you can use your hands and/or mouth to give him relief without losing your virginity. No man is going to say no to that.

• Just tell him the truth straight up

• try using word... lol

• Just tell him. The odds are against you though

• Just say that's what you want. Just don't cheat, he'll never forgive you.

• You should have told them that from the beginning. I would not accept that.

• if he loves he'll wait.

• Yes, he could dump you if you don;t have sex. At the very least, he will cheat on you, if he already isn't doing so.

What Girls Said 1

• be straight up. Better to tell now then later