Why are short guys seen as inferior by women?

I observed nearly all of the virgin guys by no choice are short or shorter than average. Some of them are really nice, smart and naive guys. But, they suffer heightism. Why do women have heightism against men?

What Girls Said 12

• The same reason guys don't like fat girls, or girls with small boobs; it's a physical preference. We can demonize women for not liking shorter men all we want, but it's hypocritical unless you're willing to accept a woman who has things about her that are physically unattractive to you.

To me, wanting a guy who falls in a certain height range isn't heightism. DEMANDING guys be a minimum of 6'4" and calling men below that manlets is heightism, but finding taller dudes more physically attractive and preferring them is no different than wanting a particular type of girl. It's a preference.

• No, but when guys are so hung up on it and keep asking for reassurance it gets tiring and frustrating

• Its a preference. Women like what they like. I prefer taller men but that doesn't mean that I look down on shorter men. Im still cordial to them but Im less likely to pursue a dating relationship with them.

• because most women thing that a tall man makes them feel secure

• Um.. not being attracted to someone isn't the same as viewing them as "inferior"...

• Nope. I have a major crush on this dude who is the same height as me. He is a good person and really kind and is a good friend. That's all that matters.

• Not wanting to fuck someone =/= viewing them as inferior

• I'm petite and love short guys.
    I don't agree that they are seen or perceived as inferior. What I do think is that they are perceived more cute and approachable than "hot" and aggressive.
    For me, that's a great quality!

• 17d

How petite and short are you and how small do you like men and why?

• 17d

@notsoromantic I'm 5'2 and I wouldn't refer to any person as small based on their height.
      As for their height, same or a bit taller than me.

• 17d

A 5'2 man would be a "man"?
      😂🤔🙄

• I didn't care much about a man's height. When I found out plenty of short dudes were constantly bitching about it, I changed my mind. Now I no longer want to date a guy shorter than 5'6.
    Some of my preferences change due to how annoyed I am by certain complains.

• 17d

What's your height and what did the short men bitch and complain about that made you change your mind about short men?

• Probably because if the guy is shorter than her then she doesn't feel protected? I don't know I mean is all about the package not to physical side alone. A short guy can attract a taller girl if his personality and confidence level is "taller than he is". But for me personally I'm 4'11 so I like guys that are taller than me

• Because of biology.

What Guys Said 8

• They don't care about height too much, just be taller than they are and have an attractive face.

If they have neither then they should lower their own standards or suck it up and accept that someone has to be dealt the bad hand.

• Because girls don't feel protected by them. If you're short, you need to have an attractive face and a nice body to compensate for the lack of height.

• INSECURITY ISN'T SEXY!!!

• The guys who whine about girls liking taller guys are just as insecure as the girls who date guys mostly based on height, so it's a good thing these people don't end up together.

• Because women are bitches. Next question.

• I'm 5'11 and a virgin.

• Why are short women seen as inferior by guys?

• just go to a plastic surgeon and get your bones broken to grow them longer and cheat the system.