Should I cancel a first date if I have a cold sore?

I had planned on meeting with a girl I met on Tinder for the first time today. We had been talking for a few days and seem to have a lot in common. But I woke up with a cold sore this morning. I don't get them often but just got over the flu and that was probably the trigger. Should I cancel my date?

We had planned on getting a drink tonight. Normally I would reschedule but we are both busy people and may not be able to meet for a few more days. Tinder is a very fast paced app for meeting people and I feel like I might be missing a chance to get my foot in the door. I have been applying Abreva and tea bags and the sore is almost gone. Although it's not noticeable (just a slight red mark you'd have to look for) I wouldn't risk a kiss. She is a teacher and I am a substitute teacher so, it being a school night for both of us, wasn't expecting anything more than an ice breaking meet up anyway. Even if we reach a moment where we might kiss, I would have to bring up that I get cold sores occasionally anyway, if we ever become physically involved. Should I cancel?

What Girls Said 1

• She will probably assume that you're doing that in order to avoid her. However, if you feel pretty bad, cancel the date and recommend her to go out on another day.

• 21d

That's one thing that's making me think I'm not going to cancel. Tinder is a flaky place. I've not heard back from people who I've had to cancel on before. I usually assume they met someone knew since girls receive messages frequently from many different matches. I'm not sick and the sore has pretty much cleared up (still not going to risk a kiss). It wasn't big but had the unmistakable tingle.

What Guys Said 4

• Keep the date and skip the kiss.
    If you go somewhere to eat get something with onions on it. j/k

You'll be doing pretty well if you are getting kisses on first dates.

• If you can't tell what it is go. Say you got punched in the face sticking up for an old lady outside the puppy shelter you volunteer at

• Yes , your illness may effect to her man :D

• yes of course