Okay? to give girl engagement ring supplied by Mom?

Mom said she has a diamond that I can put into a wedding/engagement ring. I'm not planning to get engaged soon, but is it acceptable to have your momma hook you up with a ring, or is that bad juju?

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly i might find that kinda weird, but maybe not so much if there was some sentimentality about it, like it was a family thing or something like that.

• 17d

I don't think it's sentimental, just way nicer than I could afford... I can maybe afford one of this nice fake diamonds made of fancy glass.

• 17d

Id probably rather have what you could afford

What Girls Said 8

• Sure why not? You can start a tradition this way :)

• That's a great idea. Many men give their fiancĂ©es rings their family provides

• A lot wedding or engagement rings are handed down in the family. Also it bodes well that your mother, at least, supports your marriage and wants to give you a diamond. 👍👍

• That's a great idea. Some families have engagement rings passed down from generation to generation.

• I think it's pretty cool so long as it's a cut the girl likes.

• I don't see why not.

• I have heard of this before. It's not so unusual :)

• If you tell her it's your family's precious diamond , it will mean a lot. It's like you are part of the family now.

What Guys Said 0