Places for first dates?

Guys, if a girl asked you out, where would you want to go and what would you like to do? I am really anxious about choosing the wrong destination.

Girls, where would you like to go?

• Park
  • Cinema
  • Café
  • Bowling/Pool
  • Swimming Pool
  • Local Sports Match (e. g. soccer)
  • Other...
21d I know him for about 2 months now and know quite a lot about his love life and aome about his personal and private life.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Café and later a walk in park maybe :)

• 21d

That sounds nice too :) I'm just not sure if guys like that.

• 21d

So do I :). Thanks a lot :).

• 21d

You're welcome :)

What Guys Said 22

• If he likes you it doesn't matter much where you go but I would cross out cafe and movies. You can't really talk at the theater you just sit there in silence and the cafe/park is like a predate for some one you hardly know. I couple ideas for a good date I think would be a cooking class, mini golf, a nice hike with a view and a lake, maybe an aquarium something about florescent lights just sets the mood.

• 21d

Ah but that would be a bigger plan then. There's nothing really in the town I live. However is this cooking class really a thing? I habe read it online on many websites today.

• 20d

Guys* 😂

• I'd choose park, cafe or more likely a museum. All these venues allow for free open conversation.

• I think asking a girl to go to an opera or play is a perfect first date, if they are into that sort of thing, it is so romantic.

• IF he wants to be around you , it won't matter. The same could be said of a woman. IF she's truly into you it shouldn't matter where you go as long as you're together. It's about spending time and getting to know each other. Period.

I tend to go for a physical activity so I can see if she's athletic and in shape... I want a partner who enjoys the outdoors.

• A cafe is great, especially a nice one with fancy cakes it gives you a point of conversation.

• 21d

I like cakes but I'm dieting :<.

• 21d

Not on a date, make an exception :P

• 21d

Exception to the rule? Nah he is really fit, I'm almost positive he doesn't eat many cakes himself but thanks :).

• You didn't say how long you have known him so. If you are just meeting him then go somewhere where you can get to know each other and talk. Make it some place where you can leave quickly if it doesn't work out.

If you've known him for a while then some of the places on your list will do fine. Chose something you will both like to do.

• 21d

Well I know him for like 2 months now. I know quite a deal about his love life and some about his private life. However i have never ever been on a date before, so I'm curious.

• Café or a park that's a pretty good one

• I would say since you ask me about you should choose ! I would also recommend asking him , guys like it when a girls give them options! I would say anywhere quite , restaurant, lounge avoid , loud sports bars !! Remember it's a date so you need to be able to hear each other and get to know each other!

• 21d

But what would guys like? I assume he is more likely to reject my offer when I give him stupid options.

• Just have a conversation about it!!! Suggest something you think would be fun but be open to his suggestion too.

• Bowling or swimming pool would be something different from the usual. I myself always ask girls out for some bowling on the first date.

• I'd be fine with all the listed ones... all have their advantages and disadvantages

• Places with food!!

• Bowling could be fun and maybe after that you could go get dinner and that way you could get to know each other a little more

• I voted C. I think a cafe is a perfect place for first date cause is cool place to talk and get to know the other person.

• Take him to a place where you both can talk peacefully. Cafe or preferably park. But make sure whether he likes it or not.

• i never get why the cinema makes it into the list for questions like this... you can't chat so its a rubbish idea for a first date

• 21d

I know it is but it always seems popular. I personally don't like it either, it's impossible to talk and you might have a fallout over choosing the movie before the date even started..

• 21d

lol fair enough... dinner is always good ;)

• 21d

But it gives it such a serious feeling and he is such a clown sometimes.

• paint ball :)

• 20d

Oh my gosh yes. I live paintball!!! Unfortunately the next is like an hour drive away...

• Tower of Paris.

• 20d

First of all it's the Eiffel Tower, secondly that's not going to happen. It's not our honeymoon, it will be the first date and I'm not even close to Paris.

• 20d

But in a swimming pool you're wearing bathing suits and stuff. They're supposed to get wet.

• 20d

Then you take him to the swimming pool. That will be fine.

• Offer him afew choices and let him decide

• You got a date?

• 21d

No, I want to ask him out. I dunno where though.

• going to the park is a good idea but due to the weather , I think you should go bowling/pool, or to café.

• your bedroom
    his bedroom
    back of your car
    back of his car
    in a dark park

What Girls Said 8

• I think first dates should be low key, like grabbing a coffee. Then if you really like each other, you can go out for dinner on the second date. Coffee or drinks reduces the pressure on both parties. Plus neither of you is blowing a lot of money if you end up not liking the person.

• Coffee is a great first date. The date is short enough so you don't have to be stuck for hours if you don't like it. Plus, it gives you a feel for who they are before you plan your next date. If all goes well, I'd say something fun like bowling or arcades is a good second date.

• Arcades or maybe to the park to chill and kick around a football. I like going to places where you have things to do while getting to know each other. I find it easier to talk while doing fun things.

• A café or restaurant sounds perfect.

• Another option is to go to a museum- I've done that on first dates.

• I'd wanna go to a carnival.

Out of these options, I'd choose the cinema

• Who the hell wants to go to the park? What are we, 7? Take me ice skating or bowling.

• I've gotta say, one of my best dates was actually going to watch football (not soccer haha) and other favourites have been simple things like pool/snooker club, very casual food place, and cinema. The cinema, I know is going out of favour these days because you can't talk much, but we went at a quieter time so was quite empty and we could talk without disturbing others.

• 20d

I love football but sadly it ain't really big in Germany...