What's the first thing you consider before making a move on someone?

For me I almost always look at her finger for a ring first. I know that doesn't ALWAYS mean anything, cuz you have a lot of females nowadays who are married but don't wear their ring, but a lot of them still do.

What's the first thing YOU consider?

What Girls Said 10

• I hunt for interesting

• Just yesterday I saw a hot guy but resided not to approach him cause he was wearing a ring. I also try to listen in on bits of his conversation to get some hints as to what kind of person he is beforehand if he's with his friends.

• I never make a move! I'm the person who gets confused when someone is making a move on me.

• 16d

LOL. C'mon. You're not bad looking.

• 16d

Guys on the Internet always like talking to what looks good. But it is different in RL, yeah. I always thought you had a sexiness about you.

• 15d

Thanks :)

• if I am attracted to him. if he is staring at me. if he smiles when i smile.

• I check their teeth.

• If they are available. Not just single, but emotionally available.

• 15d

Your username is funny. Curious, because I actually had this idea for a song to write titled "Pussay." lol.

• 14d

Ha that is funny.

• His face. Making sure he is well groomed. I make sure he has a car and is well spoken

• Is he worth it?

• 16d

Well, that's any easy question we can ask ourselves. But I'm talking about a particular detail, motivator, or DE-motivator.

• 16d

Ah alright. Then it's definitely the smile. Is he smiling a lot? Is it a warm smile or rather distanced?

• 16d

Good answer!

• Do they seem approachable?

• I always check if they have hair.
    I am semi-joking. It's an inside joke I have with myself.

As for your question, I don't do that.

• 16d

Yeah, I expect that, guys generally make the move not females.

What Guys Said 14

• i see a girl, i look at her closely , if she's got a good body and a face i find pretty and i think i want to get to know her i wait for her to look at me, when she does i observe her to see how many times she stares at me, and how intense are her stares, how long she holds eye contact if she ever does, if she smiles (not reall needed but a plus) if all of these signs exist then i keep an eye on her to see if she uses her phone a lot , smiles at it, talks on it a lot and if she has a boyfriend, if she does i move on , if i know she doesn't and i see all these signs i will talk to her be it face to face or on Facebook.

• 16d

The phone thing, also a good point. I observe that too.

• 16d

lol unfortunately i always stumble upon taken girls therefore this hasn't worked for me much, occasionally it does work but usuall i get all the signs above and i also know she has a boyfriend so...

• whether or not she is going to scream and run away and destroy all self esteem i had built up over the years in an instant

• i have know a ton who wear rings as a deterant... lol.

but i think of them first. i dont want to embarrass them. worst way to start a conversation off by embarrassing them. so i try to think of how to slip into a conversation with them as easy as possible with them with out startling them ;)

• My odds of success and what kind of personality they have. That way I can tell if their worth approaching and how I should do it.

• 1. Am I free?
    2. Is she free?
    3. Is she a girl I can like and live with?

• Snap. I also look at her finger. Last girl I asked out had a ring on her finger one day and then no ring the next. It was confusing.

• Nothing at all... usually I go by instinct... never failed me

• Personality - Is she friendly or distant? Like there's this older woman that I work with that's really friendly with me that's always smiling at me and sometimes even winks at me. Or sometimes I even go with my instincts

• 16d

YES! Older women are the hottest! I work with a few like that and one I'm trying to make a move on myself.

• 16d

I'm thinking about making a move as well. But she's going through a rough time so I'm trying to be there for her and do the right thing.

• I dont think about anything. I just make the move without considering making a move or not.

• How attractive she is, followed by how she dresses.

• How big their ass is.

• Do I want to lose half my shit just to fuck her

• Knowing if she is available like you tried to do by looking for a ring which doesn't really tell you if she has a boyfriend if she's not wearing one , but I look at how they are dressed and made up then see how she is when talking to her and then it's a risk you have to take by asking

• Is she single

I hesitated to make a move on a female at uni. In the end she wasn't so I guess it's good. Friends with her now she's single. So at this point, she prefer humour or subtlety.

I agree, always the ring though. I had a girl who neglected to tell me she was engaged (no ring). She flirted and said we should grab coffee. I found out later from someone else she was engaged

• 16d

Wooooaaaah, bad news there, lol.

• 16d

Yeah man, the thing is I felt bad and obviously didn't text/do anything after. I mean she was always a bit flaky tbh, and I thought her a bit uppish to begin with. She wasn't a 10 in my book because of her personality, not that fun nor that bubbly. But she was pretty much like this bollywood girl, very pretty, nice legs ;-)

And I was a bit unsure, I mean she gave me her number compared to numerous other guys. Met her a while later starting work and she gave a warm hug said we should catchup over coffee, flirted on another occasion etc. And tbh never at one point did she mention she was engaged. I mean she obviously flirted back and tbh, I was none the wiser.

Terrible right? I wanted to bang so much lol

• 16d

She wasn't wearing a ring either lol.

For another girl, I didn't know she had a boyfriend or not so I didn't hit on her too much (cos we worked together that would have been awkward otherwise, plus she's a decent girl). Though she did ask me at a group hangout how to skate, which obviously involves more intimate touching. And she had a bf? Lol?

That friend is now single so I wouldn't mind hitting on her openly now, but I don't work or live near her. Maybe meeting her soon, but not sure how to play it. I can't date atm, too busy. Maybe hookup though but how if she's innocent