Deciding between two guys?

I was talking to this this guy (we'll call him Ted) for about 7 months. It never progressed into anything serious and about 2 months ago this new guy (we'll call him frank) started showing interest in me. So I asked Ted if he saw things going anywhere serious or if he just considered us friends with benefits. To put things short he basically said we were friends with benefits so I assumed he was seeing other people. Therefore I agreed to go on a date with frank and we hit it off. We continued to talk and I began blowing off ted because I wasn't interested in being friends with benefits anymore I wanted something serious. When he confronted me about why I was blowing him off, I was honest and told him that I was looking for something serious and I had started seeing someone else. He then told me that he wanted more than just friends with benefits and that he wants me to be his girl. Now I'm confused. I don't know if I should believe that he's serious or if he's just saying this because I'm not showing interest anymore. Guys, do you think Ted is being genuine?

What Guys Said 2

• though ted may be being genuine, it was only because he was afraid. it was not necessarily what he wanted, he just wanted you still. it is up to you which you want, seriousness at first, or a longer connection turned serious.

• Ted had his chance.

What Girls Said 1

• Forget ted