Do the sensitive, nice guys like this type of thing when dating?

If you started dating a girl that you really liked and took her on several outings, eg. dinner, coffee etc, and paid on all of these occasions, would you appreciate in return her thoughtfulness of giving you a small gift she knew you'd like?

4

What Guys Said 4

• I'd see it as a sweet gesture and accept it graciously. Ultimately, if it was something that showed she paid close attention to what I like, that would be really meaningful. It would not need to be expensive to make that impression. And it would keep me on my toes to be tuned in to what she would appreciate, too.

• Its nice but avoid anything that is super expensive as the general rule of giving gifts is staying within the range of ability of the other being able to give a gift in return for receiving one. Also guys are generally more likely to go out of their way to get something nice. Especially if you prove worthy of their full respect.

• 22d

Oh, of course. I wouldn't spend too much on a gift. I know he wouldn't feel comfortable if it were expensive. I'm just hoping it would be appreciated and he wouldn't feel like I'm taking his chivalry for granted.

• 21d

Just be ready to get something maybe more than you expect though in return as guys tend to go over board lol.

• 21d

Haha. I'm ready for it

• I wouldn't pay all dates to any woman tbh, and gifts tho nice won't win you any points either

• 22d

How would you approach going on dates then? Would you express to your date that you're happy to pay for them?

• I'd appreciate it if she paid for the outings once in a while!
    but yes, small unexpected gifts do give me a 'christmas morning' feeling of excitement!

• 22d

If she happened to be a low income earner, and could only afford to give gifts instead of past for the outings, would you accept that as something considerate and thoughtful?

• 22d

This guy likes candles, and told me early on that he likes them but forgets to buy new ones, so I thought I'd buy him a really nice one.

• 22d

that's a good plan! do that an I'm sure he will appreciate the thought!