Is he too old for me?

Sooo me and this guy have been talking for a little over a month now... I think it is safe to assume he is my boyfriend and vise versa... only thing is, I'm 16 and he is 18 but he turns 19 this month. I don't turn 17 until next year in the middle of the year... do you think this is too much? I really like him...

• Yes, he is too old for you
  • No, you guys are fine

What Guys Said 2

• Not too old but your both young and stupid and you two will end up breaking up eventually anyways. So just both of you get what you want out of each other which is sex and then be done with it.

• Only 19? Nah... you might even be more mature than him.

What Girls Said 8

• Meh.

My fiance was 16 and I was 18 when we started dating. I turned 19 before he turned 17. It was a little weird. Obviously not too weird though considering we're getting hitched in 18 months.

• You didn't say if you're having sex with him.
    Maybe that's not really the issue with you.
    If u are, i hope you have an understanding with your parents,
    because they will figure it out. And all of it depends on where you are, the laws
    and your values. Other than that, i voted you guys are fine.

• The age difference it self is not a big deal. But according to the law is illegal. At least depending where u live. U could ask ur parents if they are cool with u dating him, since in amount of "seconds" u will be 18 soon.

• You two are definitely just fine! He's only 3 years older than you, and in the "adult realm", that's a very common age range. Just be careful when it comes to sex and know the laws in your area, just in case... Cause sometimes things happen and if law gets involved, he could be charged for statutory rape and be held as a sex offender. C: Just be weary and know the laws until your 18!

I have a very good friend who is actually dating a guy that is exactly 20 years older than her. She's 22 and he's 42. We all thought it was weird and disturbing, I rejected it for a very long time. But he's good to her and she's finally happy, and that's all that matters, not their ages. C:

• 18 is never too old.

• You're a minor. If he's not a minor, he's too old. And not to be mean but older guys at this age will probably tell you nice things to get some pussy once in a while and then they'll turn around and go to the sluts at college parties. They don't take you seriously.

• Your age does't matter. But when in a relationship your either going to break up ir get married. Being friends and getting to know someone and their future plans is important. At your age, college is the problem for many break ups...

• Since he's 18 going on 19, it IS illegal for him to date you.

• 22d

No, just (assuming 18 is age of consent where they live) to have sex. A 60 year old can date a 13 year old, if they keep it clean.