Guys, do you feel threatened if the girl you like is liked by everyone?

Lets say your crush, or the girl you have feelings for is popular among the opposite sex. Every guy has a crush on her, or wants to get with her. Does that make you feel threatened, and bury your feelings for her?

30

What Guys Said 30

• Hm, usually I've backed down from heavy competition, but this was do to I suppose the girl not REALLY BEING worth it in my eyes.

But there is this one girl, completely worth it that I had, and lost and in our being apart she grew extremely popular. Didn't stop me from pursuing I just knew a change in tactic was needed.

I elevated my self to reach the level I believed her to be at. Also eliminated most of my competition through manipulation (this later backfired lol), by befriending each and every guy that wanted her and turned them against each other and slowly against her to where I was all that remained.

I swear it's not as eveil as it sounds. Lol. I surprised myself the lengths I was willing to go to get the girl. I got her again and almost her because what I had did got revealed eventually.

But just depends on how worthy the girl is in the guys eyes is what I'm getting at I guess.

• Well, a good question. Personally I'm sort of an introvert. So I'd leave her to everyone and bury my feelings. (I've done that many times :D )

There's another reason. Since she has many chances I would think she'll move away from me quickly without giving me a second chance when something goes wrong. So better to have an unpopular girl. She'll give me a second chance if something gone wrong...

• no. just makes me realize there's lots of competition

• Depends, has she made it clear in someway that she wants me and not those other guys? or is she playing the field?

If she is playing the field I just walk away, if she's made it clear she wants me I go get her.

• Luckily I'm the kind of guy that recognizes beauty where others necessarily don't, so I don't have much competition :P

• Its a good question. If I lived in an ideal world, I would say no. However, I live in north america instead. This is a place where people want things to be fast easy and "visible". A girl is going to have to know how to look below the surface to really see me and I dont anticipate any girls trying to do that. I am on tinder, and girls have a tendency to die very quickly. Seems like there is the expectation that things should kick off right away or they get bored. Well fine. But they aren't going to find me that way. Same with a girl who has a lot of attention. Cause girls on tinder get a lot of attention.

• Not threatened but I'd say discouraged. And depending on the guy he can hide his feelings or step up his game to stand out from the competition.

• 21d

how would I know if he's trying to hide his feelings?

• 21d

will he try to make it seem like its a competition? he always comes up to me, and starts randomly telling me about how girls want to take him home, or how he wants to take certain girls home.

• 21d

Yeah, he's probably trying to show that he's desirable. Or he's jealous and hurt and is trying to make you jealous.

• Not threatened, but I'd get peed off

• I'm only threatened when I realize I'm inferior among the competition.

• Wouldn't make me feel threatened but just aware that I got competition.

• Due to my high standards that's usually the case anyway so I'm used to it. Not really threatened but no chance in hell usually anyway due to all the competition so if she approaches me yay if not oh well.

• I would leave her if I felt uncomfortable unless she choose to make me comfortable.

• I have experienced what you say, but that won't change my behaviour on her.

Simply I would take a step back and remember the good rule of been happy dating, which is finding someone who likes you back too.

• If she's just a crush of course. That's a ton of competition.
    If she's already mine, all goods.

• not at all... I like competition

• A little, but I'd try to get over it and not make it an issue. It's better to be happy for her

• absolutely not!! if I see my girlfriend chatting to lots of different men, I'll start to talking to woman. If she is my girlfriend, she wants to be with me. No worries.

• Yes ofc especially if she is an attention seeker no chance in hell i would make a move

• No, if I like her I'd get my confidence game on point. So I'll try my best

• More discouraged but never threatened. And i don't let it phase me.

• Its always normal to feel threaten, but of course if you never make a move and get to know her bro, you never know if she likes you in return? Granted I should take my own advice :)

• yes dating a gorgeous girl is dangerous because every guy wants her

• No but if she is saturated with guys im not gonna put myself in the rest of her fan club.

• Of course

• If that guy is me, I would feel pretty insecure.

• Yes, will get threatened a little bit but will never show it on my face.

• Well I take it as a challenge lol. Life is no fun without any competition haha.

• Definitely discouraged!!! But it threatened

• i would just think i didn't have a chance and move on

• It will always be that way, one or the other more popular and sometimes this will depend on the audience... I like a break sometimes from being center stage, actually