He INSISTS I text first all the time? WHY?

Long story short, i met this guy and we hit it off pretty well. We see eachother once a week and hangout. Weve hooked up once. Throughout everything he INSISTS I TEXT HIM FIRST. And says i never do. So i did a few times and now its been a few days since I've heard from
him? I refuse to text first again. Wth is going on

What Guys Said 1

• He's dancing circles around you sugar cup
    Reformulate your approach

What Girls Said 2

• He sounds childish. You should both initial conversations but if he's not texting you back, sack him and move on.

• I'm experiencing this right now as we speak! It is driving me crazy. I know he likes me and he knows I like him and although he is shy, I do the majority of the initiating. I have decided that I am going to back off and if and when he wants to text me, then he can. Today is going to be the fourth day. No matter how shy or etc., if a guy is interested, he should reach out. Meanwhile, if he says that you never text first, that is ridiculous. I wouldn't text him and I would let him come to you. Don't chase him. Women are the choosers, men are the chasers. He will have to grown up and earn you if he really wants you. ~ Damn I should take my own advice!