Stood up could this just be a test?

I've been dating a woman for a week now and as of tonight I'm a bit confused. We met and hit it off she came around for drinks and we kissed before she left. Since she's been around several times and we've kissed when greeting and when leaving no sex.
we've been texting every day and she has said that she loves my company and that she does like me. We planned for her to come over tonight as soon as I put my girls down as I'm a single dad. So when my kids were asleep at 9 I message her and she said she was at her brothers and she would text me before she came over I said ok. I waited several hours then got a text saying sorry for standing you up! I'm not sure how to answer I've been hurt immensely in the past and may have some trust issues as to why I'm here. I do like this woman. Also I know she has been hurt in the past also as it has come up in our conversations. could this be a test? Or could she not be serious about me? I'm not quite sure how to handle this?

What Girls Said 1

• She's a jerk and you should stop seeing her.

What Guys Said 4

• don't think it's a test. it sounds like perhaps something just came up and she wasn't able to come over. i would just ask her what happened

• It could be neither. Maybe something just came up and she couldn't make it. Give it 3 shots. If she stands you up 3 times consecutively then move on. Aside from that, try not to over think it

• That wasn't a test, something most have happened, and you should talk to her avout it.
    Let her know how you felt and that you don't that to happen again.

• I think you're slightly over thinking things. Maybe she had to do something and forgot about you. As it was several hours later