Would men date a girl who takes anti depressants?

I have some anxiety but not to the point where I can't function and I don't need medication. I work have hobbies etc.

i know people who can't function without anti depressants.

Would you date someone who needs antidepressants?

i know a girl who orders antidepressants online because she claims it's the only good one but not sold in her country. It has opiates and I think she's addicted. Scary.

What Guys Said 17

• It might be easier than finding one who hasn't ever been prescribed them.

• Depression and anxiety is a common condition and lots of people suffer from these condition I don't find it a problem dating somebody who suffers from this

• Meds used for depression or anxiety don't have opiates in them.

• 13d

Tianepetine. It's not in the Us

• 13d

It sounds more like a pain killer. Opioid narcotics are extremely addictive

• I am strictly against anti depressants, and truly believe they cause more harm than good.

I've been suffering from depression amongst other things for years and have refused to take them. I would date a girl on anti depressants, but would encourage her to seek help to manage it without medication

• It's not so much about the anti-depressants, it's about what men are looking for. Basically, some personalities work well with each other, and some don't. The search for compatible personalities can be rough, and it just takes time. Since anti-depressants actually mask some aspects of personality, it's hard to say whether some people would be wary of a long term relationship with someone who is on anti-depressants or not. Usually, people are on anti=depressants for temporary life circumstances, and once they are in the right relationship, they will be happy enough to discontinue the drugs and give the relationship a fairer chance. Personally, I would date someone long enough to where they feel comfortable discontinuing the anti-depressants, and then evaluate how the relationship for a few months without the anti-depressants to make sure our true personalities are compatible with one another.

• If I'm being honest, no.
    It's not that I'm a dick or anything I just can't prioritize dating when someone is suffering from stages of depression.

What if we did date and I'm the only thing that brings her happiness and I think we should break up? I'd worry way too much about her mental state.

• 13d

Yet, she's taking antidepressants.

They'll prevent her from feeling even further down. A lot of people have it.

Bet you've already dated one and didn't even know it.

• Another question for straight/bi men... I would not date a girl regardless of whether or not she takes anti depressants because I'm asexual/aromantic.

• Shit so many PEOPLE take them now, I don't think this is a gender neutral question.

• yes i would as if you like and love the person the tablets should not have any thing to do with it. if he can't love you for you and look beyond the medication then he ain't worth it.

• Sure of course i would. Meds shouldn't be a deal breaker i also have anxiet.

• Yes. I take Rx for that also.

• Of course. More than half of women are on them

• Yeah i would.

• Yes.

• As long as it doesn't reduce your sex drive, it's fine.

• ye as long as she's super sexy ;)

• Yes, no problem.

What Girls Said 3

• There's just as many men that take it as women so I don't see men having a problem with this honestly. They aren't THAT vain.

• That's a good question, a young, vibrant young man who has his shit together , has lot's of girls to choose from, and is going places isn't going to choose a girl who has depression.

• i have a script for one which i occasionally need . usually i don't tell anyone .
    i won't date guys who admit or don't hide they are on those kinds of meds .