Is is ok for a 17 year old girl to date a 15 year old guy?

I'm a senior and i'm 17 and i like this freshmen who is 15. is this weird?

What Guys Said 15

• I hope you don't want up spanking him!!!

• Its absolutely natural and proves you're not as shallow as most girls. Well done!

Of course, reverse the genders and you're a rapist, who will spend the next 7 years in a prison cell. Hows that for discrimination.

• Yeah that's okay I've had 9th grade girls like me when I was in 7th grade

• Nope. Hell I'm 102 and still do 16 yo's sometimes (that's legal in 9 US states and most of the world for the ignorant pedo-screamers out there). Usually teen guys tend to be immature though (not really knowing what they want for starters), you've been warned.

• It's totally fine if you guys are cool with it. Just a word of warning, when you turn 18 a lot of things you guys may do can become a sexual offense. So be careful.

• There is a general idea that girls mature before boys, but if that's not your case then nothing is bad there. Otherwise you might get drama.

• yes it's fine why wouldn't be

• That's not bad

• Get someone your own age.

• Ya why not?

• It will be less important as you get older. Have fun.

• Do it.

• its not as common for older high school girls to date younger high school boys , if it were the other way around it would be very common , guys often date a bit younger

• fuck as a freshman I'd be happy af tell him you into him

• With regards to your respective levels of mental maturity, and how many years of adult brain development you've had (the average girl and boy goes through neurological puberty at the ages of 10.1 and 12 respectively), it'd be just as ethical and morally okay for you, as a 17yr old girl, to date that 15yr old guy, as it would be for a 19yr old guy to date a 13yr old girl. He'd have the same 7yrs of adult brain development that you have, and she'd have the same 3yrs of adult brain development as that 15yr old freashman- the mental maturity gap would be exactly the same. So, ask yourself- is it ok for a 19yr old guy to date a 13yr old girl? If your answer's "yes", then by all means, go ahead and date your 15yr old freshman. But if your answer's "no", then you know what not to do.

What Girls Said 6

• Won't lie but when I was 17, I saw below 18 as like 10 year olds (not literally, ).

It's like dating my little bro.
    ehhkk

• Get someone older. He's still a baby. You are about to hit adulthood.

• The only problem is that you might eventualy decide he is too imature for you. But if you are good friends and get on well then why not?

• Its kind of weird when your young as opposed to older. Example, if you were 22 and he was 20 it;d be fine because your both probably in college and mature but he's 15 and just got out of middle school. Wouldn't recommend it but I don't judge.

• Overall I would say go for it. Two years difference is nothing to write home about. If you feel he is at your maturity level then why not. That being said if you live in the USA you might want to look at age of consent laws for your state. Because once you are 18 and he is 16 it could be illegal depending on where your living. Silly I know but it's important to know. On the bright side once your an adult nobody will care about a two year difference.

• It's ok for senior males to date freshmen females, so it's ok for a girl senior to date a guy freshmen.