Why is he hiding our new relationship?

He had a nasty little break up with his ex girlfriend. She removed everyone that they mutually knew from her life and doesn't even work at the same place anymore. So why is he still hiding? Its been 9 months since they broke up. And it seems she moved on.

Yet he hides like he did something wrong. He broke up with her. He wasn't feeling her anymore. So why keep our relationship private? As in he doesn't flaunt it or talk to people about it?

This makes me wonder what really did happen between them? Suggestions

15d But if he was miserable with her. Than why hide it? You would think he would rather flaunt it...

Most Helpful Guy

• from what I heard. people do hide relationships cos they hope that they can get with their ex in the future. or they don't wanna hurt their ex by being in a relationship

• 13d

He probably doesn't want to hurt her. Since she didn't take the breakup very well in the beginning.

What Guys Said 5

• You know, I think you're reading this completely the wrong way. He's keeping the relationship that you two have on the down low, yet you're wondering what happened between he and his ex to make him do this? I'd be less concerned about what happened with his ex and would want to know why he doesn't want anyone to know about you two. That seems really, really shady to me. Is he trying to keep things open with his ex by trying to make himself still seem available? Is he somehow ashamed of you?

• Talk to him and whatever excuse he is gonna come up with is only just that a excuse. Stand up for yourself and after 9 months if he can't publish your relationship he isn't serious. Don't take his bullshit excuses take out the whip ;)

• Maybe he's afraid that IF you break up he ll have to the whole reset thing again. This is an issue. Talk about it.

• Some people are not open about their relationships but if he is the type of person who is open about it probably he is still in touch with his ex happened to me before.

• I keep relationships relatively low key. Or gradually introduce people when I feel the time or occasion is right for it. I don't know, like as soon as I introduce a relationship into my friends and family's world they'll always ask me about it. And for me, I don't really enjoy talking about who I'm dating with everyone that I know. A lot of that stuff is private. Sometimes I tell one person and then every person I know suddenly knows my personal life. You might be misinterpreting his personality. Some people don't like flaunting their personal lives. You need to assess whether he flaunts other parts of his life, or if he is quite a private person. For me, I like my privacy.

What Girls Said 2

• that's really shady in my opinion... stay careful

• I don't like talking about things either. He wants her back.