Guys, what changed and did he ever really care?

I was seeing a guy who I met on a dating site actually a bar then matched 2 days later. We got each other numbers and casually dated for about 5 1/2 months. He kissed me on the first date and every time it was something physical, 3rd time seeing each other he mentions he had just got out of a 4 year realationship and she cheated and he can't go beyond liking a girl. That she still wants to be with him and he doesn't want to be with her he also chose to stay and look for a job in another state miles away from her. He didn't want to be in a relationship for at least another year he was focusing on himself. . I told him we could be friends I was cool with that but needed eachother sexual the attraction was strong. Finally after 4 months we start sleeping together but after just after two weeks he said he couldn't be physical anymore that he needed to focus on getting a job he had been looking for a year and building good clean friendships. I told him I had feeling for him and it would be hard but I was willing if he was genuine and he said he was and that he really cared about me. Also he is Jewish and it was during the month of Yom Kippur. Then we finally meet up after a rough month and saw each other and I told him I can't do this anymore that i needed space. He looked so sad and hurt but said he know it was what I needed to do but to text him anytime and he still wants to see me in the future. We aren't taking Now but is space what I need and what changed?

1

What Guys Said 1

• I know when I meet the 'one' or someone I like to be with flimsy excuses would not keep me away. I hate to break it to you but you sound like his safety valve, need emotional support, you're there, need a female friend or opinion , you're there and if he should need a sexual release ( other than the ones he has been getting) well you're there too) find someone that's going to treat right and passionately. Why can't I meet a woman like yourself?

• 19d

He never mentions to me or talks about other girls unless I ask, I want to know where I stand not like it would matter because I sure he's never going to tell me there is someone else. But it just doesn't make sense why he would still want to hang out and keep me in his life if I was just a hook up? It not like we met in college or highschool , but thank you 😄

• 7d

Maybe your a great woman to hang with, I'll bet he is conflicted. He may actually love you but not be ready or developed enough to appreciate it. I know, I made this exact mistake and still regret it. You obviously have some qualities he can't live without.
      Try ignoring him a few times, or find someone that will treat you the way you want to be, good luck, sincerely