Have you ever met someone online and dated in real life?

In real life guys* not a long distance relationship and id love to hear your stories:)

What Guys Said 16

• You can meet great people anywhere anytime... that depends on you and how you shape your surroundings based on what you put out there - my highschool girlfriend that I dated for almost 4 years.. we didn't meet for almost a year, we also lived in different cities

I'm still friends with her 20+ years after

--> And not surprisingly you can hit it off online easily with the right approach. It greatly depends on your ability to hone in on a right opportunity, females have a very high reponse rate on online dating applications. Experts however do think that it shouldn't be your only road to relationship cuddles... you should explore all avenues from school, lunches, super, parties, outings, dinners, family friends... and throw in a little online as a filler

• Yes I met 4 of my 5 serious girlfriends of the past online. One lasted 3 and a half years but I should have ended it about a year before that. None of them were outstanding people after I got to know them for serveral months.

• No, what i hear other peoples stories i don't think it would happen for me
    there is lot of chances to take and lot chances to be on the losing end.

• yes I have for a short while, I was seeing another man I met online.. am going back a couple of years now and it lasted 4 months or so.

• yes... my first love... and my last one... and someone in the middle... besides the one night stands...

• Nope
    But I won't mind doing it with you 😂 LOL jk

• @karahiri
    future story of our lives

• No I haven't.

• Yes I have.

• Nah don't plan on to either.

• Yes I've had flings with two women that I first talked to online

• Lmao no, I never did and I never will because I'm asexual/aromantic.

• Yes but it didn't work out

• I meet my first girlfriend online we talked online for a while and then dated for a few months in person. It seemed kind of awkward to be honest. Then I meet my now wife online, we meet pretty quickly after started talking online and it wasn't awkward at all. Getting to meet people online is fairly easy but you seem to always only see the best side of them until you meet in person.

• I've dated plenty but never had anything serious come of it. Longest one lasted about 2 months.

• I met my ex wife online. We lived together for a while too. You actually know more about someone you meet online than someone you first met in person because they will tell and ask you more because if they don't click with you, they easily move on to the next person.

What Girls Said 16

• Yeaah :)
    I was at a BBQ with friends and they organised a "blind date" with one of the guys there thinking we'd like each other. He kind of insulted me and made me feel absolutely ugly and horrible.
    And I'd been trying online dating for a little bit at that point, most guys had been pretty bad/rude at that point.
    Go online that night, and I meet this one guy, and we hit it off like crazy, it was just funny and great! And we talked every single day.. And then he asked to meet. And it was valentines day! (At that point we both only had that Sunday free so it was coincidence).
    So we met, supposedly for one movie, but ended up watching 2 movies, played pool and went bowling, he caught my train with me and walked me to my car, and I waited around there with him until the returning train came, and he gave me a nice kiss good bye :)

And again we spoke every single day, saw each other the following Sunday. And then he took a day off work and came down to where i live to spend the day with me on my birthday, because i had no plans, everyone had cancelled on me. And that was really nice.

And by 28th of Feb, I asked him when we were cuddling on his bed "what are you thinking" and he said "that I'd like you to be mine".
    :D

• 12d

And we are still together now. We've signed a lease together a month ago, so we're living together.

• 11d

Aww thank you.

Marriage. It could mean MARRIAGE is on the way. C:

• 11d

@Derpyy Well that would be my thoughts! I just didn't understand the exact phrasing of are you a ring person, as in do you like to wear rings?

Oooh that's cute. My partner jokes about marriage and kids sometimes, I don't know why, he's only going to scare himself!

• A Man from Egypt found m eon Facebook and we had Began a Whirlwind Romance by Chance.
    After getting to Know him and his Lovely family Better on Skype, I then Hopped Aboard and went Abroad, where I had Stayed for 30 days. Things Went so Well, I then Returned after Coming back home, and it was at the Ministry of Justice we had Tied the Knot, and In his Small village, where I had Resided for awhile, Trying to be a Muslim's wife.
    I am Back in the States now, this was a few years Back, and without Going Back, we Tried to Keep our marriage Alive. However, with many Problems arising in Egypt, along with Our own Personal Problems, we are now Sadly... Estranged. xx

• I sure have. I met my boyfriend of 2 years on OKCupid. We're pretty happy together and going strong. We lived about 30 miles apart from each other at the time.

Also... he's been asking if I'm ring person or not.

Bruh...

I freak out just thinking about what that might mean. O. O

• Yup, met my guy on POF. com, though he's fucked up a lot. I'm giving him one last chance because he seems like he wants to work it out, but he screws up again, it's over lol.

I know, not the story you want but it's true. He's bumpkin but he's my bumpkin and I'm giving the bumpkin another shot lol

• yes my last 2 bfs & my bd, plus a few friends with benefits

• I've only ever dated people I met online in real life LOL. Never someone I just casually met.

• Yep, married him 😊

• nope
    why will you? O. o

• lol yeah

• nope

• Yeah I met someone off of tinder and bumble if those count?

• Nope.

• Yeah.. I met a friend On Facebook and we met again in real life.. he is my oyfriend for 1 year ago

• Yeah, been dating over a year now.

• Yes! And been together happily for almost 4 months now!

• Yes. Been living together 7 years, have a baby together.