Why do guys lie about small insignificant things and should I care?

I asked him if he had ever gone to this particular city i was going to (a few hours away from where I live) and he said no. Months later he randomly told me that he spent Canada day at this city.

So why lie about something like that?

What Guys Said 4

• well i wouldn't ask why do GUYS lie about insignificant things but rather why did this guy lie about something insignificant

perhaps he thought saying he had been there would lead to follow-up questions about his experience that he didn't want to answer

but honestly i don't know really

• Girls do it all the time

• There is nothing to do with the time we all say

• Did he say that before Canada day? Should you care or not? I guess you shouldn't, but if you remember all the small things he say then i'm sure you would. I wouldn't care anyway, that is more of aboasting than a lie. Both genders do that.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd have pulled him up on it. After he'd told me he'd been I'd have said to him, " in the past you said you'd never been there before , so have you been there just recently?" Then I'd question him more.

I always call people out if they've lied to me. I'd never let them take me for a fool. Then I cut contact , because once someone lies to me just once , it makes every truth become questionable