Would you think twice or even not date a woman who is half Arab/middle eastern?

I'm half middle eastern, from Arab descent even if I don't classify as Arab because I was born and raised in the United States. Half of my family is full Arab and live in the Middle East. My dad is Arab. My mom is German and Swedish. Would this play in to any deciding factor of dating me; would you reconsider or think twice or possibly not date me because of my heritage? Is it even a thing? I've never thought twice about how other guys may look at me being half of what I am. My friend brought it to my attention.

please share comments as to why or why not as well

• I would not care.
  • I would think about it/reconsider/be hesitant
  • I would not date or give a chance, or be very reluctant

Most Helpful Guy

• I would have no problem with your heritage and that would still be the case if you had any particular religious leanings. I would not convert to any religion for any reason, purely because it would be disingenuous of me to do so. However, I tend to take the view that people are people, regardless of where they come from. There are good and bad people in all races, religions, nations and gender definitions.

What Guys Said 18

• i don't care about her race or ethnicity. i make my dating decisions about people based on who they are as a person

• Who cares where your from? As long as you are a friendly, kind and loving girl, then there is nothing to worry about. If someone rejects you on the basis that you have arabian blood, then they are narrow-minded and nobody like narrow-minded people.

• as long as I find her attractive, sexually compatible, and pleasant to hang out with, her race/ethnicity/religion/etc do not matter.

• Well, I would be hesitant at first due to possible cultural and religious differences. Whiley those aren't an issue for me - they are for others. I have dated an arabic girl before and it didn't work out due to her families influence over her. So I am wary.

If she is open and not being held back by her family background though I don't see any issue with it.

• In terms of appearance? I would not be against it, in fact, you might look really good.

In terms of religion or culture, however, that might be another matter.

At least until recently, most Arab Americans were of Lebanese Christian heritage, and were well integrated into American society. The recent wave of Muslim arrivals, however, not so much.

• 18d

I am really attractive, you'd be correct.

I am not religious in any way. Since my mother was raised Christian and my dad Muslim, we rid of all religion and I remain that way.

• 18d

Then there would not be a problem at all.

• 18d

Cool (: thanks for your opinion!

• I would ALWAYS think twice before dating anyone.

• It depends if she's Muslim or not. I won't date a Muslim 'cause I don't like that ideology one bit, but if she's atheist or from another religion, then where she's from means nothing.

• People of all races are beautiful to me and variety is the spice of. life wouldn't even think twice about it i wouldn't let race determine who i date

• why should it matter? as long as I find the woman attractive. heck I'm a mix of a whole bunch nationalities

• i`m Arabian so it won't be a problem to me.
    even tho as arab i can judge ur german half. same way they judge us.
    but im just gonna ignore them and act the way i was raised

• I'd be very reluctant because I want to avoid the religion and "culture" that comes from that region.

• I would not care i think Middle Eastern females drive me out of my mind.

• Depends on if she's Muslim or not.

• 18d

whats wrong with muslims

• No chance.

• 18d

Why? I'd love to hear your opinion why

• 18d

We're all people, we're the same

• 17d

We're all people. No we're not all the same.

• I would not even consider it

• I would not care.

• Id date the hell outta a mid eastern

• Cultural differences would certainly have me thinking twice about it. There is always the risk of a very "protective" family when it comes to middle eastern standards.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm pure Arab and get lots of attention from White and Arab guys.

• If I was a man, I wouldn't really care about your heritage. That wouldn't stop me from dating someone.

• If it helps, I'm also half Arab and half German. I look way more Arab, I just have lighter skin. I get hit on a lot, despite the fact that I also thought my background would be a hindrance. But no, guys don't care. If anything, they're shy at times haha.