Could this guy be gay or is it just me?

This guy I met online is really nice, affectionate and claims that he's not looking for a hookup. I like his personality, but he seems a bit clingy even though I've only met him once. He texts me all the time and is really sweet otherwise. One thing that's bugging me is the fact that he has a bit of a gay lisp or higher pitched voice. I'm not sure if it's natural because there were very few instances when I heard him talk like normal for a few seconds before he goes back to the more feminine sounding voice. He also likes likes one direction and other bands girls mostly listen to. I know I may sound shallow, but I don't want to end up falling for someone who's gay and get my heart broken. Do you think he might be gay?

What Guys Said 6

• straight men can have lisps and higher pitched voices
    straight men can also like one direction

i'd be more curious about how he acts towards you as a determinant of his sexuality. if he behaves similar to the way other straight men have behaved towards you then i probably wouldn't worry if he seems hesitant being physical then maybe you have something to worry about

• Minus the musical choices, that guy sounds a lot like me... and yes, I've been asked throughout my life if in gay. Used to bug me, now I just laugh it off. 😂

I'm a very happy person, so I don't have that brooding subdued man-voice that some other guys have, and my voice is (on average) higher pitched with an upward inflection.

I'm a masculine guy otherwise, but some people like you can foolishly stereotype a guy like me, and miss out on a good thing out of you being rigid about "what a man is supposed to act like".

Has he flirted with you? Playfully touched you? Made any lewd comments at all?

• "he has a bit of a gay lisp or higher pitched voice."
    Do gays have that?

Do gays have small hands?

• I don't think people are either 100% gay or straight. He definitely seems a very girly guy tho, but might still like girls. And if he was gay, why would he hide it and mislead you? You have to find out

• Probably not. If he fucks you brutal like a retard at a spelling bee, he's probably not gay

• Could be gay

What Girls Said 2

• You can't tell if someone is gay solely based on their voice. You could always ask him if there's any girl he's interested in at the moment. But if he's not "out of the closet" yet he might lie. So there's really no bulletproof way to tell unless he actually comes out to you and tells you he's gay.
    Maybe just try to keep your feelings in check regardless of his sexuality.

• Bring a cute guy friend and see if he flirts with him.

• 17d

that won't work because if the guy likes her he won't flirt with her friend (I would do this too). A playboy would flirt with anyone though. She can try to touch him or provoke him herself and check if he gets a boner hahaha or how he reacts