Ladies, Would You get Mad if Your Boyfriend Went Out of Town to Visit Family Every Few Weeks?

My mom is elderly and lives 2 and 1/2 hours from me. At this point in life I really do feel the need to get down there to visit as much as is practical. Let's face it, you don't know how many years your aging relatives have. And I like to help her with grocery shopping if she needs it and maybe take her out to lunch.

The reason I bring this up is that I mentioned going out of town to visit family for a couple of days at a time to a former co-worker and I asked her if she would have a problem dating a guy like that. Without hesitation she said, "THERE'S NO WAY!"... It surprised me that would be her knee-jerk response to a hypothetical question like that. (I wasn't going to be dating HER by the way, but we were just talking like friends.)

I did have girlfriends in the past who did actually seem insecure about this, but didn't make a real big deal about it. I think sometimes they think that you're going down because you have a secret girlfriend or something.

Anyway, how would you feel about this? This would mean I would be gone for 2 full days about every 3 weeks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think is not a problem! There are a lot of insecure people in this world and we kinda always predict the worst. Just try to talk to her about it and if she doesn't understand you I dont think she is worth ur time

What Girls Said 1

• nope, sounds good

What Guys Said 0