The prettiest girl in my school keeps holding eye contact with me, but I don't know what to do! Please help?

I'm a senior in high school that hasn't had any dating history at all. Never held hands romantically with a girl, never hugged a girl that I liked, and I only kissed a girl in elementary school. A lot of girls have had crushes on me, but because girls still feel like guys should do the approaching and me being very shy, I've never dated anyone before. Now onto this girl. During lunch, I'll see in the corner of my eye her looking at me and sometimes when I get eager, I'll look at her to assure that she's looking at me, and sure enough, she is. Whenever she starts at me, my mind starts racing and I start asking myself, "why is she staring at me? Does she like me?" And I always answer those questions with, "there's no way a girl like her would ever settle and like a guy like me when she can gave any guy she wants, I mean, what's so special about me that she'd like?" Some of you are thinking, you're not as ugly or dumb as you say you are, you're self-esteem is just shot." I admit that my self-esteem isn't too high, but even if I did have a good self-esteem, Id probably still wonder why she'd like me. I'm only 5'6", I'm kinda smart, but not top 10 kind of smart, I'm shy, which I've learned from experience, girls do not like, and from a scale of 1-10, I'm a 7 max. Not to mention I have moles on my face. So with all this taken into account, why would a girl like her be staring at a guy like me? There's no way she likes me, right? And even if she did, what would I even do? (I know, I'm a pathetic little boy with no self-worth, just please don't call me out too much)

14d We have no classes together by the way.

What Girls Said 2

• this is me lol. I'm a girl.. guys stare at me... but they dont approach me. I'm also a senior in high school. never had anything with anyone... i just get stared at a lot. had something w a guy friend and he'd stare but like he rejected me but countined to stare and like flinch when i would catch him lol like i would ask a question and he would just stare into my eyes.. and id have to repeat myself... a lot of starring. also happened with many others but hey ill forever be single!!! Anyway back to ur problem... SHE THINKS UR CUTE!! talk to her... approach her! BUT YEAH I FEEL U ON THE SELF CONFIDENCE PART!! mine is pretty low too.. despite all the "omg ur so pretty" compliments.. i feel normal and just plain old me lol... like i truly believe ill never get a boyfriend bc the only thing guys do is stare at me... ._. like i dont even think starring means that someone likes you anymore... at least in my case... but when i stare at someone i usually think theyre attractive lol

• A lot of girls like guys because they have something "different" than other guys, she could very well like you or think you're cute!

• 14d

After looking at the guys she's dated, there's no way I'm cute.

What Guys Said 8

• Walk up to her, smile and say hi, then ask her why the most beautiful girl in school keeps staring at you.

• Stop worrying about yourself, grow a pair and approach her. Try it when she's alone if you can. Do you have anything you can talk about? Is she in your class? Anything in common? Anything you she likes you which you can ask her out to attend with you? Better to ask and be turned down then not to ask at all. I'm sure she isn't going to laugh in your face. She's showing interest already by looking at you. Worst case, you get turned down politely.

• 14d

I can't just "grow a pair" like a switch, I'm shy for a reason.

• 14d

Actually I've seen it happen to other people, but I seriously doubt it'll ever happen to me.

• 14d

It's best to overcome your fears when your still in HS. Girls aren't as bitter about guys and haven't been approach by hundreds of them, so your chances are better, especially if she's showing interest. Just do it and don't look back and regret it. Give it a little bit of thought of what your going to say. Better yet, approach her friend and ask if she's available. That way, if you ask her out, she'll know ahead of time your interested.

• Tease her about it.

"Are you checking me out? You know I'm more than just a pretty face, you know. Sheesh."

• Approach her ffs. Even if you're super scared, she will find it endearing. The only way you can mess up is by not approaching and giving up.
    Push yourself and you will find success.

• 14d

There's no time or place I can approach her, I have no classes with her, I only know where she is three times a day, in two of those times, she's with her group, and in the other time, we're all going home and we go different ways.

• 14d

In that case, look at her and smile or wink. See what she does.

• Be a man.. go grab her.

• Careful she might just be an attention whore

• Where r u from? And how come you are late 30s but still in high school?

• 14d

Lol I put my age higher because I thought there were some adult only content that I wanted to see.

• 14d

I'm from socal

• Lol based on what you said, it looks like you're never getting a girlfriend bro :). Just give up already