How do you reject someone?

Are you honest or do you give them lame excuses?

0|1
15|19

Most Helpful Guy

• How to reject someone. I've learned don't make
    your self available for them , If they call tell them
    your running errands for a elderly aunt and uncle.
    They text you just tell them your busy cooking
    supper for a neighbor lady , got take your little
    cousin to a dance classes. There is always plenty
    of excuses to use to reject someone. The worst
    thing is to male your self available for them.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Lame excuses will just hurt them eventually even more than honesty. At least they have a chance to move on eventually if you're honest and up front about why you're rejecting them. Do not patronize someone who cares about you with some lame excuse.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 18

• most chicks use lame ass excuses and/or just ignore u... like question... im looking at u, turn back and walk away... im 2 years old i can't handle a conversation... god forbid u have a normal conversation and see if the two of u can work something out like two adults. i guess they dont make adult male and females anymore? so no one tries.

1|0
    0|0
  • Assuming I'm single at the time; it depends on why I'm rejecting them.

If it's something that I think will hurt their feelings, I try to come up with a nicer lie. If not, then I'll just be honest.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell them straight up, I'd rather a girl tell me straight up than to lead me to believe she does like me and blow me off when I try to meet

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I don't have to ever worry about rejecting anyone. But you could tell them you are not interested honestly. Or you could say that you are not looking for a relationship at the moment.

1|0
    0|0
  • if it´s about them visually, i will honey coat it or straight up lie, cause i don´t want them to to feel bad about themselves. if it´s personal things that won´t make them feel bad, then i will be straight up but kind.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lame excuse. I hate turning away women with whom I'm not attracted. If it happened more often, I'd probably know exactly what to say. Typically, I'm caught off guard.

1|0
    0|0
  • In the past I have given some pretty shitty excuses with a tone that made it pretty obvious I wasn't interested. I hate having to reject people, it makes me feel bad.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry but I just don't feel the same.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell them you eat souls 😛

1|0
    0|0
  • Lame excuse.
    No need to hurt anyone's feelings.

1|0
    0|0
  • i dun reject people

1|0
    0|0
  • A fat chick was lovin' me when I was about 17.. and I said.

"Fuck off"

1|0
    0|0
  • "I'm sorry I can't because you can't just kick my balls for no reason"

1|0
    0|0
  • Honest...

1|0
    0|0
  • honest

1|0
    0|0
  • honest, it'll stop much quicker

1|0
    0|0
  • I never have now that I think about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah because women are flocking at me... .

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• I guess being honest is not always the best choice. Being direct though is necessary. What I mean is you can't say "You're a stupid, ugly person I'd never date". But you have to say smth that clarifys that you are not interested like "I don't see "us" working".

1|0
    0|0
  • it depends, if i can use a lame excuse that makes an awkward situation temporarily easier so i can get away, then im all for lame excuses. Otherwise, ill go with honest.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd just say I'm already talking to another person. Usually it's not a lie. I'm usually flirting with at least one guy at a time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am honest but nice too.

I wouldn't reject someone in a rude manner

1|0
    0|0
  • It is hard for me because I don't want to hurt anyone but I am not showing too much interest - I am not texting first, not writing much, short answers etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry man, "I'm lesbian!"

1|0
    0|0
  • I give lame excuses
    "my cactus needs me rn"
    "I'm taken but my mom's cats daughter is single "

1|0
    0|1
  • Just say it straight ahead
    I dont want this friendship/relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • Just honesty

1|0
    0|0
  • Whenever I am honest about it it doesn't seem enough for them. If I just say I am not attracted to them or feel no chemistry, they think I am bullshitting them and there must be some hidden reason I am just keeping from them on purpose... smh.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honest but be nice

1|0
    0|0
  • Lame excuse

1|0
    0|0
  • I just Normally act crazy then they will think they dodged a bullet

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends. If they have low self-esteem, I lie and say "I have a boyfriend". If they are a fuckboy I tell them straight up "nope" and if they ask why, I tell them. If they are someone I'm just not interested in (doesn't mean they're ugly) I will say "I'm not ready to date rn" I know, I'm wrong for lying but I feel bad rejecting most people

1|0
    0|0