Really shy... need advice please?

I work in a real estate office. Upstairs is a doctors office where a guy that I'm attracted to works. He has to pass my office everyday so we've seen each other a lot and even smiled at each other but never spoke to each other. Problem is I really want to talk to him but I'm so shy, my whole life I have been. My last boyfriend and I were in a room together with other friends for 5 hrs before he finally spoke to me and I'm glad he did because we were together for 4 years before we broke up but if he hadn't spoken to me that day I would've never spoken to him and we would've never been together. I need help here. My friends keep telling me to talk to him first but they just don't understand I'm too shy and I just don't know if I can. Can somebody help me? What can/should i do?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Go up to him and say hi, ask him how his day is. Just ask him simple questions to get to know him. You don't have to be funny or amusing or cute or anything like that. Start small with little conversations, and eventually it will build up into something. You're already smiling at him, some people consider that flirting.

• That's true. I really want to. I have to just get the courage to approach him

• That's a good idea though, thank you. I really appreciate the help :)

• You're welcome. And don't forget to have fun when your practicing.

Most Helpful Girl

• One of these days, get a folder as he's walking in walk in front of him and drop your folder full of papers. Make sure you lots of paper in it so that it'll take more than a quick swipe to pick them up. He'll stop to help and start talking a bit.

It gets him to talk without putting yourself in the position to have to do that.

• a new take on the classic drop the handkerchief :)

• That's a good idea. Thank you, never thought of that :)

• lol I like the getting him undressed part, but maybe not the first time we speak lol

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• your friends are right. i was in the same boat as you... that was 10 years ago... never should've taken my summer break.

• I'm trying, I really am. Rejection is just really hard to take and I guess I'm just scared :/

• I know-girl I fell for a visual goddess

What Girls Said 2

• do something that it can express you except for talking verbal. like through emails or phones or coffee with a note or just leave a note.. 😊 or send a letter.. who knows its surprise both of you 😊

• its time to get out on your shell 😊 and believe on your self. and conquer your fear.. 😊 its now or never. go! go! you can do it. 😊😊😊

• Thank you :) I really appreciate everyone's advice

• im glad too. 😊 your welcome

• You gotta get some balls... sorry but he could be shy too. or try getting a way to contact him and do that whether it be email or text or call.

• No you're right I might have to do something. He very well could be shy too, I'm trying