Does dating get harder after 35?

For women I mean.

• I'm over 35 -- No, it's not harder
  • I'm over 35 -- It's a little harder
  • I'm over 35 -- It's moderately harder
  • I'm under 35 -- I don't think it would be harder
  • I'm under 35 -- I think it would be little harder
  • I'm under 35 -- I think it would be moderately harder
  • Other

What Guys Said 17

• I will say for men it gets easier.

Not only because the issues that bothered you as an adolescent or young adult fade into irrelevance and because older men tend to have some economic and social clout at last, but also because I think middle age works better for men than it does for women.

Youth and elderhood, on the other hand, seem to work better for women, with getting by on your looks on one end, and outliving men on average on the other.

• It's harder to get a good man.
    Step off the cock carousel 10 years earlier and you won't have that problem.

• It gets a lot harder after highschool.

• It's only harder because many women MAKE it harder.

A friend of mine has half a dozen single female friends. They have ALL been single for over a year. Their guys must be an EXACT match in height, weight, skin colour, accent, country of origin, job, salary, car, etc. I'm not exaggerating!

Literally, I overheard one of them say "He's perfect except he drives a BMW instead of an Audi. I can't date him for that."

There are of course many women who simply want someone to love, and someone to love them, but I find that more and more put road blocks in the way as an excuse.

• I think it depends on you. You'd be competing with tons of women who are fat, looking old, have kid (s), not a great income or education, are jaded, etc. If this doesn't define you, then you should be fine.

• I think at that point you will have to rely more on friends to hook you up with people they know who are single. I suppose it would be because a lot of guys don't wear rings I think.

• A little harder I imagine. Less people on the market.

• It gets much harder, because your value diminishes.

• It not only gets hard for Women over 35 but Men as well has it hard to find love.

• if you don't mind dating guys in their mid to late 40's it's not harder.

• Why so many poll options

• yeah because women heavily decline as they get older

• I gets hardest when your not meeting pepole as much so whatever that age is.

• For females I would think it does because of not having a lot of years left to start a family with someone.
    For me, it actually seems like I have more options than I ever did before. Probably once I'm like 50+ it will get harder though.

• Dating gets harder because dicks get softer. Lol

• You start to age at an accelerated pace.
    Oddly enough, it is very noticeable on women.

• Seems harder but I'll date a woman in her late 30s but don't know she will go for me

What Girls Said 9

• I think between the ages of 25 and 35, maybe even 40 it gets harder. I'm 27 and I am having a hard time dating. Most of the guys my age are married, engaged or have just had kids with someone, or they are only looking for something casual or NSA. So the dating pool is really not that great.

I'm seeing a lot of guys on there who are bitter (which becomes clear when you read their profiles, they tend to rant about women on the profile). I'm also seeing a lot of guys who just recently got out of long-term relationships.

It kind of makes me feel like I've missed my chance! And no, I wasn't out partying and sleeping around. I've been working hard at trying to find someone and have not succeeded :( It kind of makes me feel like a failure :(

I think though, after 40 (and this is going to sound terrible), that it gets easier. Mainly because people have divorced and their kids are older. So people are less scattered or less involved in drama and more settled. Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I am seeing from being online those are the men who seem to be most interested in actually finding a fulfilling relationship.

Younger people also tend to be at the beginning stages of their careers. So they are really just focusing on work.

Hopefully things start to get easier for you. Sometimes what the problem really is, is a dry spell. We all get them. Just do your best to meet new people. Keep busy and lean on friends for moral support!

• for women who want kids, age would likely present an issue because her fertility is waning.

otherwise, i don't see it being a detriment.

• Depends on the woman. My aunt who is 55 years old and divorced twice goes out on dates nearly every weekend. She doesn't want a relationship, but she sees a couple different guys and they all know that it is nothing serious and then every now and then she picks up someone new. However, she is in great shape for her age and looks like she is 10 years younger and is very outgoing. I don't think it is as easy for everyone over the age of 35.

• hi, can i ask why your question looking at your age grouping? are you having fears? lol xx

• I would not say harder... just different.

• The only thing that doesn't get harder after 35 are men's dicks #viagra

• Yes it is Women tends to be pickier cause they are more mature and they dont want just anyone in their lives unless the women likes to date much younger guys,. so they struggle to find a man who is suitable for their ipicky interests and also to find a single man over 35 is quite tricky as the average man above 35 is either already married and have a family or is divorced with kids and for many women have to settle to date guys who are already divorced or divorced with kids as finding a complete single guy ino married or no kids above 35 is a bit harder so for a women dating single guys above 35 becomes harder.
    Im an example of that im above 40 and Im not dating anyone or seeing anybody or hanging out either, I never been married before I have no kids either. Guys dont pay attention to me, dont ask me out dontn find me interesting enough to even ask me out so I just gave up and I think I will remain single my whole life and it is not something I dream it will happen to me when I was younger. I wish I can experience what it feels to date someone or have a boyfriend, not necessarily to marry that is another thing in the future but at least to experinece what it feels to have a boyfriend or to date guys. I guess that will never happen.

• Yes and no.

It's hard to judge as I gave up at about 30 for 5 years after having my heart broken. I don't know what those years would have been like.

Been back out there for about a year, it is harder in a way as I look younger than I am. I can pull, but they are usually horrified to hear my age. I don't deliberately go for younger men, it just seems to end up that way.

Also attractive men my own age are harder to find. But then I'm fitter now, and go out more often so I meet more new men.

It's certainly no easier - men still treat women like crap whatever age they are.

• Only if you look old. I know a women who's in her late 30 but look 18 so she have no problem