Now let me ask the other women and men if this is how a normal boyfriend should treat his girlfriend?

Is a guy who's been dating you for a year suppose to treat you like this? I don't know how to feel right now besides unwanted and hurtNow let me ask the other women and men if this is how a normal boyfriend should treat his girlfriend?

What Guys Said 11

• He texted "your" when he meant "you're". Ugh. That's an egregious offense all by itself. Why is he hell did he text you If he didn't want to talk to you. That's not normal; it's dickheaded.

• I don't blame you for feeling unwanted/hurt. I would too. Even if he is busy, it doesn't excuse the way he acted about it.

Don't know you two at all obviously, but I feel you can do better.

• well he needs to be more polite. but it would be nice that if you know he likes to relax when he first gets home from work if you gave him time to do so

• I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to act like that at least I don't and I've been dating my girlfriend about the same time, and I don't treat her like that.

• Aside from his shit grammar, no... he's a selfish asshole.

• I don't see anything wrong with this, despite it being taken out of context.

• 13d

I don't know what context this would be okay in. Not respectful language at all.

• 12d

@Gemundercover

Different perspectives, we can agree to disagree

• 12d

Well my mom married an abusive asshole and I learned the hard way to set boundaries on how people talk and treat me. As a woman some men tend to degrade us and this conversation is very degrading no matter what context. It hard for you to give that opinion when you're not in a proper perspective and know how it feels to be addressed like that. I don't know you so I don't necessary care but I just hope you know what is respectful and what is not. Even the "little things" just as simple as this.

• A year. You should be living together or married.

More importantly, you don't seem to be a good emotional fit.

I'd break up.

• An uncool dude

• LET THE GUY RELAX

• I would personally never say that to my girlfriend

• You needy a new boyfriend

What Girls Said 14

• Awe! I'm so sorry this is happening to you!

It sound like your boyfriend is pretty tired after work though. What does he do for a living?

When I lived with my ex, I would want to do mindless stuff when I got in the door. That meant I would lay on the couch and absorb my mind in facebookland. I know that sounds crazy, but my brain (due to my job) is on so many different tasks at any given time. It's nice to come home and just disengage. It's not that I don't like hearing about a persons day. But my ex would literally wear me down from telling me about his day. I'm an introvert, and he's very social and goes into all the details of his day. And talks about stuff that I really don't need to know about (ie. inside jokes with co-workers that I just wouldn't get, cuz I'm not there! or go through the entire detail of how he processes his work).

He would literally talk me down for 2 hours or more if I didn't disengage. He would get so upset that I wanted to just have a few minutes to myself.

• noo? that's rude af. I'd bitch my boyfriend out for that, or break up with him so he doesn't have to deal with my neediness anymore

• I don't know, but he used the wrong form of "your" and that's something you're supposed to learn in third grade. So I say dump him!

• Reply that all you're asking for is that he retake 'basic grammar for grade threes.

• I would not accept behavior like this from my boyfriend, he def could have phrased it better, but he doesn't care about your feelings.

• The way he put it was wrong.

• He doesn't care about you and you could do better than him

• No! I've been dating this guy who finishes working at 3am. We still talk after his work (if I'm still awake that is, haha)
    This guy honestly sounds like a jerk

• Move on or give him the cold shoulder for a while and see how he reacts. He shouldn't be treating you like that.

• This is not a healthy relationship. Hellll nooo I would not put up with that bull shit

• No way

• He sounds like an asshole. That behaviour is not acceptable.

• LOLLLLL WOWWWW
    That's not what you EVER say to a girl
    My 15 year old crush knows not to say that. Actually, he enjoys when I bombard him with messages bc he knows Icare and he llovesloves to flirt in return.
    Next time he says that say "you act full of your own importance yet you never see me bringing that one up."

• Nope. You already know that though.