isn't it rude to ask girls height on Tinder?

First of all, I am not one of those Tinder girls who require "6ft+ or gtfo" i think height is the most irrevelant thing. I was texting with a guy in tinder for a while. Suddenly he asked how tall I am. WTF? I am 160 think it is sth around 5'3". 3" shorter than average in my country but does it matter? of course he is right to want a tall girl. I saw many guys with height requirements and I am OK with it but asking my height is sth like asking his income

11d up

What Guys Said 16

• I always lol at the height issue. No offense but if you worried about height your most likely not paying attention to what actually matters. Unless your only after casual sex or something, then pffft have at it. Height issue for me only matters if its like dwarfism. Other than that there is also an ego thing some guys have where, in their minds, if your taller than them then their masculinity is in jeopardy. I dont get it. Ego's

• 11d

well i think the same. i am short and if he really care that girl must be tall than he should put that "requirement" so we would not lose time with each other?

• 11d

Yep, I believe in being straightforward, because time wasted is time I'll never get back.

• Height is okay, income is not lol. I think most girls prefer to date taller men and that's understandable if it is a deal breaker to get it out of the way early.

If income is a deal breaker then Id try to figure that out early on too but you can't be direct about that or a man will think you're very materialistic or a gold digger

• 11d

why height is okay? what is the difference?

• 11d

Because everyone can see how tall you are anyway when they see you irl. It's not like you walk around with a sticker on your forehead that says how much money you make.

• 10d

@lumos Yup Lumos nailed it. Height is okay because it's not a big deal in the west to ask about physical features (ie. what color are your eyes or even weight). It's something that people can see or have an estimate on when they meet you so you it is socially acceptable to ask.

Most people will think you are rude if you ask them about how much money they make as its not publicly available information. It's the same reason why your company doesn't post the salary of every employee on the wall. It's sensitive information that can make people see each other differently. If you ask someone how much money they make, I doubt you'd get an honest answer from most people anyway.

• no i don't think it's rude to ask a person's height

• It's not rude. I don't think he asked because he wants a tall girl, he just doesn't want you to be taller than him (you probably passed that test), or he's asking it just to see your response, as an experiment since girls on tinder are so hung up on height.

• I don't not have any height requirement for a girl lol 😊
    I don't think it is rude to ask though because it is online. People want to know

• What is the problem by asking it?
    Would it be rude if i asked your hair size?

People just like to better visualize the person they are knowing, just that.

• Girls are usually the ones who are picky about height, it is irrelevant but a lot of people care a lot about things that don't matter.

• They ask that just to make sure you're not taller than them or because they like shorter and smaller girls

• Tinder is a picture slide thing, right? I think it's something okay to ask?

• 11d

why? if he really care it why he didn't put this "requirement" on his profile?

• 11d

Yeah that's what I find weird too then xD

• I think he asked to make sure he is taller.
    By the way 160cm is good and normal for a girl and I think girls with this height looks more cutie that taller girls😋
    But of course its just my opinion maybe other boys think different.

• lmao no, its not rude. unless that girl is insecure about her height

• He was likely asking as a troll to the fact that the majority of females on tinder want 6ft plus.

• how the hell is that rude? women think everything is rude. get over yourself

• Wow! I wouldn't think too many girls would be offended by a height question. It's not like he asked your weight or bra size.

• If I asked, I'd be hoping she was tiny, but it's not a dealbreaker.

• No more rude than asking a dudes. From what I hear it's mostly just scandanavian men that have a height requirement. Most guys ask about a girls weight which is better since at least that can be altered.

• 11d

yeah scandinavian men are worse than tinder girls. and the guy asked my height was also a scandinavian, what a coincidence!

What Girls Said 9

• 160 cm is 5'3. And it shouldn't have to be rude. But I suggest to not get too personal with them when you haven't talked for a while. Overall if they say how they don't want to disclose certain information, respect that and don't be pushy. As long as your not, they won't get offended. And if they do, then perhaps you need to leave them alone and find somebody else who is not going to freak out with every question you ask them, unless it was very inappropriate. Also, if they have a requirement physically, leave such people alone. Too shallow.

• Height? No.
    Boob Size? Yes. xx

• 11d

what is the difference?

• 11d

lol!!! Uh, well, one is "UP"and the other is "Up or pointy or Down."xx

• I think you're overreacting. Asking how tall someone is is definitely not like asking how much someone makes.

• ... the hell? No asking for your height is not rude unlike asking for his income.. thats rude lol Its just a simple question, how tall are you? I don't see how thats even remotely rude. I would just say o I'm 5"4... like he's not asking for your size of your tits or ass. lol

• I've been asked by some guys online my height I don't get offended i tell them I'm short 5'0

• No, it isn't rude...

• 11d

why? i think it is shallow to care these kimd of things
      well if he care, he must put his requirements on his profile so we both would not lose time with each other

• 11d

Smh, you're trolling aren't you.

• 11d

why?

• well if he doesn't ask and you meet up he'll find out your height anyway so it's not something worth feeling like you have to hide

• 11d

i just assume that he does not care because he didn't put requirements on his profile
      so if he care, he should put height requirements on his profile so we both wouldn't lose time.

• Nope. It would be inappropriate if he asked your cup size and to see pics.

But not height.

• It's not rude at all lol