What annoys you the most when you are on a date?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that what annoys me the most, is when dudes wanna focus on negativity the entire time.

I had a date where literally all the guy did was bitch about his life, previous girls he went out with, and showed no interest in anything I had to say. He just wanted to bitch and moan about his life, and only ever asked me about negative experiences I had, which I didn't share because IT'S A DATE NOT A FUCKING BOOHOO POOR ME SESSION.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mobile phones. These are for other times more fitting than right now. Unless it's an emergency or merely checking for time and date, the mobile phone has no reason to be operated when dating.

A sense of entitlement. A woman is just as important as a man is.

Gold digger questions. I'm out if I get questioned about my status and wealth.

Exes stories. I am NOT your ex and I do not have to know him on first dates.

What Girls Said 15

• I don't like it when the other person makes excessive efforts to impress you and shows no interest in knowing about your life.

• When my date has their cell phone out. Cannot stand that. It's just rude! Put it on silent and put it away.

• What annoys me about being on a date is that you dont really know the person so you have to think of topics to talk about and to keep the flow going. Also, I dont like being out with a guy in public and we aren't exclusive. I like for a guy to make it know that we are together whether its by holding my hand or being hugged up on me. I have been out on dates where guys will look at other women while they are with me. And I will never talk to them again. Its rude and shows that he isn't really feeling me.

• I've never been on a date. I've only experienced dates with my boyfriend and our first date was after three months of getting to know each other better. I already knew him in high school and stuff so I've never had the awkward dating experiences everyone else is talking about.

• cell phones (i even hate it when my friends do that because it's rude)
    no attempts at conversation (it's hard doing most of the talking)
    when he tries to get all grabby and it's only the first date (chill out)

• If he's on his phone, looking at his phone or his phone is on the table. Pretty much anything to do with his attention being anywhere but on me.

• LMAO at all these people saying phones are what annoys them on dates. They don't bother me. What bothers me is what someone else mentioned about talking about negative experiences. Also, if you can't answer a question like what are your goals/dreams/aspirations, you're out.

• Cell phones! Put those things away and enjoy the date. If I am on a date and the guy is on his phone, it is screaming he is finding interest somewhere else. If the next guy I go on a date with smiles more at his phone than me, I will just feel the need to leave. I think I will do that.

• When someone mentions their ex or they overly try to impress you or make themselves look better. Had one guy ask me what I do; told him I do uni and he was quite taken back (he has no job or education) so he was bragging about how smart he was in kindergarden 😂😂 oh boyyy...

• 14d

Think the right word i was looking for is "trying too hard"

• 14d

Never go for personal glory 😂😂

• 14d

Exactly! Ughh does my head in 😂 So much pride I mean its nice and all but dont boast about it, just kills everything

• Being on their phone for sure, but its also annoying when you're on a date with someone who's too cocky and only talks about himself..

• When they're checking you out too much like a little is fine but try to keep it balanced lmao.

• awkwardness

• Them checking their phones put that shit away man.

• That I never had one

• 14d

You need the lady luck on your side & if you do get one keep in mind all these points lol

• 14d

I know... It's not fair... Where's my boyfriend

• When the guy is really angry and makes "jokes" about how bad women are.

Dudes who try to get too physical too soon.

When the guy asks strangely overpersonal questions - especially sexual or about where I live.

What Guys Said 13

• It's annoying when she just answers my questions with short answers and doesn't ask me anything. It feels like she doesn't want to be on the date.

• head buried in a cell phone

• When the person is unresponsive and does nothing to further the conversation. I'd rather have a person who never shuts up in that case.

• Sloppy eating habits chewing with your mouth open and licking your fingers

• Number 1, A girl on her phone pisses me so BAD. Number 2, finding out she's a whore that so many other guys have had for free, but unfortunately I'm paying for a dinner date with her at that time.

• 14d

Lol, never do a dinner date on the first date.

• 14d

@Kkaos I know bro, had to learn it the hard way, now I do long walks, or coffee dates with her paying for her coffee as first date. I do not invest in any girl financially or emotionally, until I find out she has a personality or background that is worth my precious time. No love for sluts or whores, since I myself am no manwhore.

• 14d

There is always a first time for everything. 😂

• Either a dead conversation, or using their phone.

• The biggest pet peeve is when she doesn't put ANY effort into striking conversation.

• Excessive complaining, playing on her phone too much, dates that turn into monotonous interviews (there's a big difference between asking questions -- which I love -- and the date feeling like an interview).

• When you discovered that your date is rude and think he/she is superior to the waiter/waitress

• If she's boring or is glued to her phone it's rude

• i dont date much but when i have done it a couple of times its mostly stuff like you try to put in some effort to it and the other person does not even put effort in to engage the situation let alone the date

• Small talk and playing chess with words.

• when the female expects me to pay just because she has a vagina