Would you date someone without a job?

What Girls Said 13

• depends on why s/he doesn't have a job.

if s/he was laid off or is recovering from illness or injury, that's fine; if s/he is not having much luck despite actively looking for work, that's also fine. but if you quit every job you get because it's "too hard" or expect me to carry your lazy ass, then no.

• Within reason. I would date someone without a job if, he was looking for a job! Not I'm too good for a job. I don't care if he works at McDonald's. I'm not a gold digger. I'm self sufficient. I make good money. But I'm not supporting someone who isn't willing to support themselves. Nor do I have time for useless people in my life.

• Without a job... no. Between jobs or financially independent but not working, yes.

• I already am.

• Yes and help them look for one as well

• Yes, not everyone is lucky like others. Plus at some point I did;t have a job when I was dating people so why be a dick about it now. But at some point in the future hopefully he's get one.

• If they were in school, yes.

Otherwise, no. :/

• no I wouldn't want to be the one supporting and managing everything on my own that just doesn't cut it for me. its like someone living off me and feeding off me its not proper. I don't care how much I would love them they need to have a job and pitch in equally

• Yes, when I first met my boyfriend he did not have a job.

• Yes if they were looking for it

• If they are ambitious and in school, yes.

• Depends why. I'm not gonna date some bum, but will date a guy who's very active in his job search and is trying very hard, not just doing a couple of things a week and spending the rest of his free time playing games or with friends.

• I have, yes.

What Guys Said 11

• Only if she is actually looking for one or is a student.

• Already did that before and NO.

Women who don't work use the "Traditional relationship" excuse to try and get you to buy them everything.

• 16d

100% right, been there twice and would never do it again

• As long as it isn't voluntary.

• I think its ok, I think if she/he is going to school I can understand that, or if he/she got laid off, but yes I can see why you are concerned and would ask the question

• It depends on why theyre unemployed

• Yeah may be

• Taylor Swift without a job yes.

Lorde without a job, no...

• If guy just want to be lazy, than its stupid for a woman to want to be with a guy like that.

• Yes as I'm unemployed my self.
    I'm hard working able to be financially independent,
    I finished a physics degree and decided research wasn't right for me to few places to much debt and my interests where shifting.
    Im now experimenting a bit im now developing android apps which hopefully will still be big for a while? , networking (part of a few groups of developers on and off line) , work experience i managed to get and studying doing some of the free MIT and stanford computer science courses like machine learning along with other technologies like SQL and tried Unity.
    I know job aren't just handed out you have to get a skill set pepole will pay for and hopefully i can do that.

• 16d

Getting MIT on my resume may help but more than that is being able to say i can fix X or add this to Y with a shortage of pepole who can.

• As long as they planned on getting another one, at least part time anyways. They don't need to work full time. Neither of us do.