Is it normal for a 28 year old man to want to speak with a 19 year old girl?

My now ex boyfriend (we still live together) is texting a 19 year old girl from work does anyone else find this grossly weird - abnormal?

What Guys Said 7

• I think it's weird. I wouldn't want someone younger than 21 and even that seems a little young. But if you just broke up recently he's probably doing it to try to get over you and she's the first one giving him attention, not because he's actually interested in her.

• Yes it sure is

• I don't use those words anymore and have replaced them with majority and minority. I'd say he's in the minority but it's perfectly legal. An under 10 year gap is perfectly doable

• 10d

She only turned legal 5 days ago it's just shocking! But I can imagine plenty of men do it

• 10d

It seems the only one that has a problem with it is you

• 10d

I was just brought up to see it as if someone was in year 3 (UK) being with someone in year 11 (UK) is down right wrong. No problem if they were older!

• no... stop being jealous. cause honestly why do u care as his ex? this has jelly all over it. its hard to wade through all the jelly its so thick in here.

two things with age. u have looks and u have personality.
    so either he looks good enough for her, or she wants a daddy figure. neither matters, its what she wants. as far as personality goes its again, does the person act like a kid or act like an old person and does the person want which type.

now they should get along to go out obvioulsy. besides just making u mad, u pro actually likes the 19 year old. she is pro cute, and pro does not have any drama or baggage yet like older girls. she pro does not have to do much to impress him, so pretty easy street for her.

hope that helps u understand that better and hope it helps u get over ur hidden jealousy that u may or may not know u have and move past ur ex.

• 10d

We split up two days ago, I ended it, just shocked me how he instantly messaged about 20 girls, none of which replied so he messaged a 19 year old, it just shocked me that's all. Not denying I care for him, but I'm not in love with him.

• 10d

Clearly not!

• 10d

but since he does not care... regardless of how u feel, sadly it looks like u need to just move on. u shouldn't care what he does anymore now that he is going to jump in another girls bed two days after u guys break up.

• why do you still live together?

• 10d

I only ended the relationship two days ago and we have a mortgage! So we have things to sort out.

• 10d

well damn he could of at least waited for you to move out before he got another girl lol, take your name off the mortgage and leave lol

• 10d

I plan on it! Well yes considering he's been checking my phone and having a go at me for the past two days accusing me of doing it

• She legal.

• You still live together. Awkward.

What Girls Said 2