What does it mean when he wants to keep the relationship secret?

Okay so this guy i like just asked me out and he said he wants our relationship to be a secret. He says he finds it amusing when people bug him about asking me out but I don't know... what if he likes someone else too and doesn't want them to know.. Another reason is because him and I like games (Because Its fun bugging people) and will enjoy seeing people be oblivious.. But I'm not sure..

8d Okay but he's allowing only our friends to know, so does that still mean he's a cheat?
7d Okay so we let people know we're dating and everyone is teasing us XD but I'm now sure he's not a cheat.

What Guys Said 10

• He wants a side bitch (or maybe you are the side bitch).

• It's a red flag. Run

• It means he's a douche and will dump you.

It happened to me in December 1988. Don't fall for it. I was a fuck toy, but my heart didn't know that.

• 8d

Completely unrelated in every way, but I was born in December of 88' haha

• 8d

Wow, that's tough man. Crazy to think about what was going on in other people's lives on the day that I came into this world. Sorry to hear that happened! I wish you all the best going forward

• 8d

@GuitarGeek Oh, I wasn't bothered by my friend taking my roommate to that wedding. It was while she was gone - that day you were born - that made me think of how I felt. The next day, we became a secret couple for 2.5 weeks. Or, I should say, I was her F. W. B. before we used that phrase... What happened 2.5 weeks later, on 21 DEC, is what sucked.

• he wants to keep it secret to be able to easily cheat on u

• it means u guys are playing 007 james bond...

i dont know u two are weird. its a secret but u let ur friends know... so who are u NOT telling exactly? so is he not wanting to hold hands as u two walk around? is he just wanting to come over in the middle of the night to fuck? like what does SECRET mean exactly. it sounds shady but apparently u two like games. u need to elaborate

• Only legit reason I can think of is because he doesn't want his other gf's/wives to find out. It's called discretion.

• 8d

Well a friend said a) He's nervous and b) he doesn't want his parents to find out, word travels fast around town.

• 7d

Or that.

• 7d

@gomalley411 yeah but we're public now

• He probably doesn't want to show you to his family yet.

• 6d

Well his family already knows we're dating..

• Ashamed

• sorry to tell you this, but he probably has a secret relationship that you don't know about.

• Unfortunately that means he's probably cheating.

What Girls Said 9

• RED FLAG HONEY

If you're gonna be in a relationship with him, he better tell everyone. You should be his phones lock/homescreen. You should be someone he wants everyone to know "Wow I've got a beautiful girlfrind, be jealous."

Trust me, he's up to something if he wants to keep it a secret. I dated a guy who didn't wanna even kiss Me in front of anyone let alone tell them he and I are dating. It was terrible. I then realized it was because he was ashamed of me.

I understand you like the dude but he's got a secret agenda going on if he wants to keep you hidden. (You could ene up being cheated on)

• Boy bye.
    Don't be with a guy unless he's willing to respect you enough to show you off as his boo thang.

• 7d

Him and I are public now and all is well :)

• I've being with a guy like that and it turns out that he had another girlfriend and I assume that either that guy has a next girlfriend or he wants girls at your skl to know that he is available.

• 8d

Oh okay :/

• 8d

A friend said he's probably just nervous and doesn't want his parents to know since word travels fast around town.

• 8d

oh well I've being with a lot of guys and my parents never find out they don't have to but yet everyone else can know.

• it smells fishy

• I believe that something "weird" happens here honey. First of all, as i can see you are so young. Could you please inform us about his age? If he is as young as you, i believe that you can't trust him because probably he is immature. So maybe he wants your relationship to be secret to be free playing with other girls. But if he is not young enough (<20 years old) maybe there is something in his life that doesn't let him be free with you. For example another relationship, a marriage etc.

• "Relationships last longer if you don't tell people your business"

• Some guys are just self conscious... He will make it a public thing soon just respect his wish

• He is hiding u from someone. Usually u want to he proud and show off ur bf/gf. Because then u have to lie and keep secrets on where are u going when u are on a date. And what will he say if someone u both know sees u dating, will he lie and say u are just his friend? No. U deserve better than to be kept secret

• 7d

Him and I are public now :)

• 7d

Oh good! Maybe he just needed time lol. Well I'm glad for u two then :)

• 7d

Thanks 😁

• Shady af