What is your personality and would you want a mate with a similar personality?

This is mine
https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality
What is yours?
What is your partners? If you don't have one, what kind would you like your partner to have?
my partner has intp
https://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality
I wished he had the same personality as mine, or very similar. I really hate that he has no desire for rules, no desire for check lists, and no understanding of feelings. I am coming to accept that this is so, but it still bothers me and I need some kind of different love if not from him from a close friend/family member but I'm very introverted. It's a problem. I can't open up to anyone, I can't trust anyone but him but he has no love to show me. He's just like a robot, focused on what he loves and makes him happy. He can't see why I have needs for him... why I have hurt feelings. It's so HARD. He is unreliable 99% of the time, most of the time he says yes he really means NO. He is lost in his own world... won over in his head that he is number 1.

what about you?
would you like to be with someone who only understands logic and not feelings?
who only goes with the flows and doesn't care about rules and important things that need to be done?

I realize I am stuck with this guy and he can't change.
What kind of personality would you choose? could you live with your opposite? Why?

• yes I want a mate with a similar personality
  • no, I want a mate with a different personality

Most Helpful Guy

• "ENTJs' intelligence, strong will and logical reasoning skills are a force to be reckoned with. Be it a minor obstacle or a seemingly impossible task, ENTJs will find a way – or make one. This fearsome determination and intellect allow ENTJs to overcome many challenges."

Yeah sure i would.

Most Helpful Girl

• Online tests are useless if you really want to learn your type. You have to go out and study the material on this if you're really into MBTI. I suggest you start with Michael Pierce. Awesome guy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dqqGGUEN60
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-muxe46t4Us
    Also MBTI is more vague and somewhat lacking in my opinion, though I am inclined to believe that is basically the same thing as the other theory. A better theory, more grounded in reality and nonsense-proof is socionics in my opinion. Coincidence, I recently posted a question about it: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2179886-pick-a-pairing-you-d-belong-to-3

As for your Q, no I'd dislike a partner exactly like me. It would bore and repel me. Someone I want is someone who is "of my kind", but seemingly my opposite. Something best described by socionics relations of "duality".

• 16d

PS. Your partner sounds like he could be somewhere on the autism spectrum if he has NO understanding for feelings. In which case I would refrain from typing him altogether. Normally, even people with very low Fe/Fi are emotionally vulnerable and kind when need be, even if this is less common for them.

It is also possible you mistyped yourself, or him, or that you're just in need of your more expressive, dynamic socionics dual who is a different type.
      Possible that your guy is an INTJ. INTJs remind of INTPs, but are much more self focused and less expressive/less soft emotionally.

What Guys Said 7

• The chance of me finding someone with my personality type according to the test is highly unlikely I am an advocate less then 1% of the entire earths population shares that personality type.

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

• I think I have taken this like 5 or 6 times. I usually get either INTP or INTJ, although I did get INFJ once. I just took it again and got INTP which is the one I have gotten the most.

• INTPs DO have understandings of feelings, jesus christ. Your "personality type" has nothing to do with whether or not you have feelings and understand them.

But yeah I'm intp and I want someone who is intp, infp, or infj

• 17d

no they think so logically that they "Oftentimes INTP personalities get so caught up in their logic that they forget any kind of emotional consideration", so maybe they might understand that a person is angry but they don't empathize with them. When I get angry he says stuff like "are you on your period" or "I am not angry over it, why are you? I'm not going to lose sleep on it, why are you?" like someone just punched his son's face and kicked me... that's how he reacts. very logically

• 17d

I honestly don't know why I fell for him and why we are still together. I guess I am hoping for the best, that one day I will learn to love a person like him. I am not sure, how this love thing works actually. I am always wondering if there is something wrong with me? Am I to change so that we can be together? It's so hard because part of me asks myself, why can't he change? why is it only me putting in all the effort and him sounding annoyed?

• 17d

Well, you should probably get another unbiased opinion from someone who knows you in real life about whether or not you are putting more effort and trying to change and he isn't. Maybe he is and you're biased. Or maybe he really isn't doing any effort to make it work, and if he really isn't then you would be better off not being together I'd say. But if you're feeling like this and you didn't in the past, then there's probably some truth to it.

• when u say mate... i think monkeys ;) but i dont have any back hair for me to have a pet monkey to get and bugs out of yet... so i dont need one. so no thanks

• ESTJ

• I selected A but still dont know if i could ever handle a girl with my traits.

• I got this: COMMANDER (ENTJ-A)

What Girls Said 15

• I took that test before and it was perfectly describing my personality. I am INFJ. My personality type is very rare but I hope I meet a soul mate :)

• I'm an advocate (infj) and my husband is a consul (esfj).

I actually like that we're different. I feel that as a whole it makes us well rounded and ready to deal with anything thrown at us, each handling our own strengths and leaning on each other in weakness.

Tests like these shouldn't be used to pin point flaws or shortcomings in others, but rather a way to view their actions and opinions in a way that's relatable to you. You might see his actions through your profiles traits but if you can recognise what he actually means by interpreting it through his it will better reflect his intentions.
    And he should do the same for you

• I'm an INFJ. Personalities don't make you more or less valid for a relationship with someone per say, since everyone is so individual and personality types are not perfect. Common interests, for example, are more valid in having a good relationship. This is not all of what one is as a person.

• MEDIATOR PERSONALITY (INFP, -A/-T)

Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

I would like someone similar to mine

• I'm an ISFJ too and my partner is an ISTP. It's a little difficult but we make it work 😂

• My boyfriend and I are both ENFP and we understand each other better than anyone else either of us has ever known, including his ex-wife of 20 years. I would not want it any other way. At times it can get overwhelming because we both overthink things and both are very emotional, but we recognize that in ourselves and in each other, so it works out.

• I'm ENFP. I like differences, they keep things interesting but you should have similar core beliefs I feel.

• INFP 😂 So into my soul and emotions

• I don't think there is anything seriously wrong with my personality but if I wanted somebody identical to me - I would be dating myself - and not the guy that I like or would like to date in the future. I like guys who can stimulate me by sometimes disagreeing with me once in a while - he has to know things about the world or about science or about life or maybe even about God - that I don't.

• The Mediator - INFP-A

last time i took this test, or similar tests like it, i would get something different. but the first letter was always the same. i would prefer someone who compliments my personality, rather than someone identical to it.

• my guy and i are both ENTJ, it can be challenging at times

• I took this test again right now and I am ENTP
    Usually I am switching between ENTP and INTP

• I'm a protagonist (fuck yeah).
    I'd want someone with a similar personality, yes.

• Hell no.

• I want a gentlemen.