How bad is no kiss on a good first date?

So I went out with this girl on Sunday evening, met on OKC if that makes a difference. I had a bad headache all day for some reason as I occasionally get migraines but it was a first date and I didn't want to start off with a bad impression by rescheduling. I took a bunch of aspirin and it helped and the first several hours of the date were great, but by the end of the evening my headache was awful.

The end of the date wasn't bad considering I wasn't feeling well, but I'm sure she could tell something was off. When I dropped her off at her car I don't even know why but I decided not to kiss her. I've never not kissed a girl on a first date unless it was because the date didn't go well. I reached over to give her one of those side hugs and she looked at me and paused like she was confused, then she reached over with both hands, gave me a big hug, then sat back in her seat and then looked at me again with a blank expression, then said goodbye and got out of my car.

I was going to call her after Thanksgiving to ask her out again and I guess I'll know for sure then, but is no kiss going to make her think I'm not interested? I've been on bad dates where everyone knows the side hug is coming, but she was definitely caught completely off guard by it. How big of a deal is no first kiss on a good first date?

What Girls Said 5

• Not a big deal at all! She seems interested based on your story so just ask her out again and kiss her next time.

My boyfriend and I didn't kiss until our third date and I kind of liked it that way because it gave me something to work for! 😊

• OMG I went on a date last week with someone I met off of OKC too and the guy didn't kiss me either!! I thought this must be him for a sec lol but nahh

Anyways its ok that you didn't kiss. Its only the first date. Call her to tell her you wanna see her again :)

• no kiss on the first date

• I've never kissed on a first date.

• From your story, the kiss might have been a little but of a big deal. Since you didn't contact her the following day, she probably thinks that your not interested in her. Personally, I don't like kisses on first dates.

• 12d

Yeah I am a guy I am always inclined to NOT kiss on the first date. I would be afraid it would make her uncomfortable. Wait longer to see what evolves. So I can understand why you would not like kisses on the first date.

• 11d

@ArrowheadSW Exactly! It should be more about just getting to know each other and whatever happens, happens!

What Guys Said 4

• regardless of what happened or didn't, the kiss is up to HER. far as u know she has a god dam rule no kissing on the first date. dont sweat it dude.

but if u are worried about the kiss, u could of tried for it also... reading as i type, u ask about a kiss but typed about hugging... da hell. who does that. i hug a chick if i know im FUCKED and i just want to squeeze her tits ;) one last time before i go. its defeat. by starting it there is no after, its done. thats probably why the girl was shocked lol.

• Depends. A younger girl with the appearance of chastity? No surprise, no big deal. A girl who's let guys fuck her the same day she met them? Next the bitch.

• There should be some kind of physical affection to confirm your romantic interest in them. The hug is fine given you weren't feeling well, you didn't want to make her sick.

• Call and ask her out again ASAP!!! When you are on your next date kiss her. Then if you want you can say after you kiss her hey I wasn't feeling too good (sick) so I apologize if it came off as if I wasn't interested by the side hug. But go for it dude!!!