Should I try to have a long distance relationship with him?

My friend Mason and I met back in 4th grade and dated for a certain amount of time and broke up before I moved to another state. We stopped talking for a very long time, once in while we would talk, but it was rare. Last month we started to contact each other more often, and I noticed our feelings for each other never left. I love him so much and he loves me, but we live far apart from each other. He lives in NY and I live in Cali. And just last week he asked me if we should try a long distance relationship, but I don't know what to do. I heard that many of them end and don't last. I want to give him a chance but at the same time I don't want to waste his and my time into a relationship that may not last. but we love each other so much that... it's almost impossible to forget about each other. And when we talk to each other over the phone or face time, I can't stop smiling when I see his face or when he makes stupid jokes. He is smart, kind, passionate, funny and weird, sometimes sarcastic, and really playful, when he smiles his eyes lit up, and when I see him upset I feel my heart shatter a little, when I have a bad day he makes me feel better, he knows me so well, and even knows my weaknesses and my strengths, he knows my deepest secrets since the 4th grade and he hasn't told anybody. He even wants me to meet his parents through face time... I want to make this work and give it a try but I'm afraid...

What Guys Said 1

• This is really difficult. You guys are really far away. I don't want to influence your decision on this, but I'm just saying that long distance relationships, especially people under 18, is hard to make it work out. You guys seem to connect really well, but the distance will really effect it.

What Girls Said 1

• I do not think it is a good idea. Such relationships rarely work out. But if you really want to make it work, go for it and give it a try.