Is it acceptable for a sixteen year old girl to date a nineteen year old guy?

I like a guy and I think he's into me too, but he's 19 (possibly 18), and he doesn't know I'm sixteen. He hasn't asked my age yet, but I'm worried it'll scare him off when I tell him I'm sixteen. Is it illegal for me to date or have sex with him?

What Guys Said 9

• lol next thing i will be seeing on here is, is it ok for a 18 year old to date an 18 year old ;) hehe... i swear its coming.

dude thats totally normal. im guessing sofmore vs senior? that was like 60% of the relationships in my school.

now as far as ur LEGAL status, where are u? u have to look that up. florida is the worst of the states. and off the top my head YES it is... no nevermind its under 16. 16-24 i think have a provision. but ya in florida its possible to be a sex offender in high school... its totally stupid.

• Yeah, it's acceptable. It might be illegal and I wouldn't recommend it unless you're on birth control and mature enough and know for a fact nothing will happen, for example, parents finding out and pressing charges.

• Look up the laws of where you live.

• morally, yes. legally, depends on where you live

• It depends on where you live. Each state has its own age of consent

• In America that would be illegal, and you would jail bait for him

• Nope.

• Why not?

• It ain't nothing if you ask me. That's 3 years. Also, depends on your states age of consent. If it's 16, you're good to go

What Girls Said 4

• Is not bad, since the age gap isn't big. But look up ur state laws because u are consider a minor in my state and he could be put behind bars for being with a minor.

• sounds fine as long as they know what they're doing

• (oldest person's age / 2) + 7 = lowest age acceptable
    So for you it would be:
    (19 / 2) + 7 = 16.5

But that's usually for older people than yourself. Teens should just stick with the legal age requirement, which varies from state to state. I'd say wait till you're 18 for anything more than kissing or cuddling.

• Depends on your country or state, the only thing that limits though is having sex with him.