Is it bad to reject someone in a cruel fashion?

What Guys Said 16

• Why be cruel? Just be clear, leave no doubt or hope. there's no need to be cruel

• If a person feels the need to do mental or physical harm on to another, then they have a problem.

• If it's completely unprovoked then it's petty and immature.

• thats how hate between genders is born

• You're basically asking if it's bad to be cruel.

The answer is YES.

• I think it is. Why hurt them even more than neccessary?

• I mean if you want to destroy a guy's confidence and hopes of becoming a good person for a woman who will like him then... sure?

• WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO ANYWAY? YOU wouldn't GAIN ANYTHING BY DOING IT IN CRUEL FASHION AS OPPOSED TO DOING IT NICELY AND RESPECTFULLY

• It can be.

However, what some call cruel, I call decisive and sensible.

• Yes, it's not good to reject someone in bad way. It gives one a complex about their self.

• I believe it is. You don't want to hurt someone else

• Yupp

• Yes unless they deserve it. Honesty doesn't mean cruelty either because you don't want them to lose confidence after you reject them. If they're cocky as hell and refuse to accept "no" then by all means humble them up.

• Define "cruel fashion".

• Yes, unless they're being annoying and not getting the message

• You can be polite about it. Don't ignore them

What Girls Said 14

• Didn't you just answer the question yourself by calling it 'CRUEL fashion'?

• Yes it is!! There's no need to mean or cruel to anyone. It's possible to reject someone but be tactful about it, rather than brutal

• I certainly don't see a need to be a soul-shattering hag, so yes it's bad.

• If it's unnecessary, yes.

Only time it's ok to be intentionally hurtful in your rejection is when they are being overly persistent and aggressive and not backing down when you've already said no.

• Depends, always try to be polite and respectful right up until you are ignored or disrespected... then all bets are off. At the point where they don't take the rejection or they chose to be disrespectful when it was unwarranted then anything is fair game at that point.

• It's unnecessary. Why would you want to?

• Of course it is.

• yup

//

• Yes - there is something called Karma. It is hard enough for a guy to get up the courage to hit on a girl. Don't crush his esteem by being mean.

• Take the high road, why would you want to cause someone so much pain? Explain that you are not interested. Rejection is already a horrible experiance why would you want to make it worse than it needs to be. I would only be mean if someone had repeatedly not listened to me when I said I wasn't interested.

• What do you mean by cruel fashion?

• Obviously. There's a big chance they did a lot of mental work to actually go and approach you. There's no need to be rude/cruel unless they're repetitive, can't accept a no or have not pressured you.

• Ya, don't do it if you don't have to

• You gon' get roasted by the blue populace.