Feel like I'm not connecting with anyone?

I've been single for 6 months now. My last relationship had NO spark and I was with him for a year. Since being single, I've kissed a few guys and slept with one but really don't feel like I'm connecting with anyone in a special way. I want to feel as "in love" as I did with my ex from many years ago, but I can't seem to find a connection anywhere near it. One of the guys I kissed DID give me tingles and make me feel a nice spark, but everyone else is just "normal". Even a cute guy I kissed last night who seemed really into me made me feel nothing.

Is there something wrong with me? Or is it normal for it to be super rare to feel a spark with someone or have actual feelings for them?

What Guys Said 3

• I think it is rare. but that spark is sometimes not a good thing. attraction is sub conscious... so you were drawn to him because he was familiar, but the familiar may not be good... e. g. if you have bad reference points for what a man is supposed to be. hopefully you learned something about yourself from that relationship and what went wrong or didn't work.

you may still be stuck on him emotionally. stop dating a while?

Also those early and first loves are really strong... e. g. puppy love.

• You need to stop looking for love or comparing any guy to your ex. I think you should just give yourself a break from relationships n focus more on yourself, career etc. The right n special kind of love who will match up to your brand new improvised self will happen when you're least expecting it... like they show in movies haha.

• don`t worry

What Girls Said 1

• i feel the same as you. i think you just need to stop thinking about it and wait until someone comes along, don't plan it