Career woman or housewife?

guys do you prefer a sexy smart career type woman or a housewife that stays home with the kids?

What Guys Said 38

• Doesn't really matter, if she is a career woman, she is doing that for herself in order to stand up on her own feet in the worse case scenario.

A housewife that stays at home with kids, is actually a full time job as well, that most men take for granted, I've lots of respect for a housewife.

In short, I respect them both equally but for different reasons.

• Women should aspire to be more than just housewives. Staying home all day and cleaning is a waste of potential.

• I don't mind a housewife at all. I think if you have kids together then a woman should be fully entitled to fall back to the homemaker position and take care of the family first. Then again I still hold myself to the old rules and think a man should be able to fully provide for his family, and not expect his woman to share in that burden. Raising kids and maintaining a home are its own burden that I'd rather not do anyway tbh.

• I don't have a preference for this
    It's all upto her
    If she's happy I'm happy

• This is a good question. Ideally I would like her to have a career, or qualifications that can help her find employment after the kids are old enough. I'm going career military, so it's going to take a special kind of woman to want to be my wife. You might move every 2 to 3 years. I don't make a lot of money, but we also don't have as much overhead. You are not paying for housing, electricity, etc. When we have young children, ideally I would want her to stay home, so that we can still have those benefits and I can work towards retirement. It's also not as easy leaving and re enlisting into the military, as it is quitting and starting back work in the civilian world. Believe me, it's a process. Plus, I would rather have the kids being taken care of by someone I know and trust, rather than some stranger who might neglect them / not give a fuck. So really I want a housewife who is willing to work when they have grown enough and are in school.

• I'll take the career woman. I'll take the hit and be a house husband.

Though, your opinion is kinda obvious, rofl. "Do you want a sexy, smart, badass, amazing, incredible career woman who will suck your dick every night? or a housewife?"

• I prefer a woman who is passionate about her interests/hobby & passionate enough to turn it into a career.

For a variety of reasons, but I would want a partner like that.

• Career woman who puts family first.

• career woman

• Housewife, but that's if I make enough money. I hated how both my parents had to work long hours and me having to be the last 1 in after school

• 10d

wow... i have a single mom for a parent, at some degree i feel your point.

• 10d

@cross98 it wasn't too bad cause I'm a triplet and at least I wasn't the only 1 all the time, but they did basketball during the winter so I was by myself and my older sisters had sports, too 😑

• I want house wife. What can I benefit from a career woman except sex which I can get anyway from whores and sluts? She has to be very hot for me to consider a long term relationship with her. Also i don't want to share my finances/resources, especially with a woman because she will take half of it.

Yes lads, never cohabitate with a woman if you want to increase your networth!

• 12d

Especially with a career woman *

• 10d

To me it sounds like you've had some terrible experiences with women in the past, but that doesn't mean all women are the same as the ones you've seen and met lmao. You can't be mad at ALL of us bruh, every person is different and not everyone is in it to win it and make use of you because of your money. It's up to you whether you like sharing your money or not, I think it's selfish to WANT a housewife to live with, who has obviously no money or income of her own, yet not want to share your money with her. The fuck is wrong with your mindset in that situation? No one needs you OR your money if you're a selfish person, no real woman will give a damn about you if they can get a man who is actually able to think fair and in a loving way. Bet your ass wouldn't be in such a grateful position, if you had no job and would live with a career wise woman who had her own money and would share none of it with your selfish ass. 😂😩 You attract women who are just like you that's why ur mad.

• 10d

Just like you think women are a waste of time, I can tell you that you too have wasted a lot of mine. Good luck with life, selfish fella.

• I would like a sexy smart career woman now in my life

• A woman who doesn't want kids.

• Career woman.

• Career woman

• Career woman, more money that the household will make. Two people makes more money than just one person.

• Career woman, but since this is only a binary question you might want to make it a poll next time.

• Defintely career woman. House wives get on my nerves.

• Whatever she wants to be is my preference.

• housewife

• 12d

career women is more likely to leave you, be more concerned with status, and many others.

dont let the societies glorification of career and independence fool you. there's a whole another side people dont know about

• 12d

@Mrwoo99 exactly. women dont date down. this can be used in so many debates inculding equality but no one has time for truth or a reality check

• 12d

Women go on about equality yet dating is so unequal to men.

• Housewife is ok, just taking care of the kids, do some house work and prepare dinner for husband to come back home.

• I have more respect for career women.

• Career woman would be my ideal spouse. I don't want kids so while I'm at work, why not have more money from your spouse?

• 12d

You would actually share your finances and resources with a woman. You men have lost your minds.

• Combo of both.. What's your thinking!

• A fun career woman that rides street bikes and horses.

• American women will bleed you dry either way. They are not fit for marrying, only good for fun due to bad cultural vlaues (feminism). Travel and get a nice Asian girl for anything long term

• 12d

because in China for wherever you're from, you're only allowed one kid, and your societies aren't ery happy anyhow.

• 12d

@willoftheages you come across as an "expert in everything". Everyone loves this. I predict I am not the first one to point this out to you.

• 11d

blocking me, how liberal of you!

• Neither. I don't want to date a girl who works too much to have time for me, but I also don't want to date a lazy house wife that leeches off of me.

I just want a girl who makes enough money to add to my income, while working low hours so she has plenty of time to spend with me.

• I think kids are much better off at home with their Mothers while they're young so I chose someone who'd stay home until they're school age before getting back to work. Family > money.

• A mix between the two of them

• Housewife!

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 14

• Both are good but family always comes first to me.

• I love my job but ideally I'd love to be able to stay home for the first 5 years of our kids lives and go back to work once they're in primary school.
    Financially I don't think this will be an option at this point though

• I love being a SAHM!

• Career woman. It's just more realistic in today's world. Ideally, the career would be one that can work around the kids' schedule so you can care for them while making money.

• 12d

Or you get relatives to help out and pay them back when you can with gifts or extra help when there older.

• 12d

My grandparents also helped out when i and my siblings where a lot younger and i know a few other retired pepole who help out with their grandchildren.

• 12d

I suppose you have plenty of time when your retired.

• My boyfriend would refer if I pursued being a doctor. Me too, haha. He said he wants me to work no matter what. But, haha, he would be a stay at home dad if I made a lot of money as a doctor (which I would be fine with so long as he earned money at home via a part time, selling a craft, etc)

• Either one doesn't make a woman less or downgraded.

• Both please!

• I want to be a career woman.

• Career women. Its best to be financially independent since no one is reliable.

• both are fine

• doesn't matter

• I just want to be a tall glass of Pina colada

• I love working

• Idc what my husband wants imma work😂 for my enjoyment