Career woman or housewife?

guys do you prefer a sexy smart career type woman or a housewife that stays home with the kids?

1438

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 37

• Doesn't really matter, if she is a career woman, she is doing that for herself in order to stand up on her own feet in the worse case scenario.

A housewife that stays at home with kids, is actually a full time job as well, that most men take for granted, I've lots of respect for a housewife.

In short, I respect them both equally but for different reasons.

• Women should aspire to be more than just housewives. Staying home all day and cleaning is a waste of potential.

• I prefer a woman who is passionate about her interests/hobby & passionate enough to turn it into a career.

For a variety of reasons, but I would want a partner like that.

• I don't have a preference for this
    It's all upto her
    If she's happy I'm happy

• I'll take the career woman. I'll take the hit and be a house husband.

Though, your opinion is kinda obvious, rofl. "Do you want a sexy, smart, badass, amazing, incredible career woman who will suck your dick every night? or a housewife?"

• Career woman who puts family first.

• This is a good question. Ideally I would like her to have a career, or qualifications that can help her find employment after the kids are old enough. I'm going career military, so it's going to take a special kind of woman to want to be my wife. You might move every 2 to 3 years. I don't make a lot of money, but we also don't have as much overhead. You are not paying for housing, electricity, etc. When we have young children, ideally I would want her to stay home, so that we can still have those benefits and I can work towards retirement. It's also not as easy leaving and re enlisting into the military, as it is quitting and starting back work in the civilian world. Believe me, it's a process. Plus, I would rather have the kids being taken care of by someone I know and trust, rather than some stranger who might neglect them / not give a fuck. So really I want a housewife who is willing to work when they have grown enough and are in school.

• Housewife, but that's if I make enough money. I hated how both my parents had to work long hours and me having to be the last 1 in after school

• wow... i have a single mom for a parent, at some degree i feel your point.

• @cross98 it wasn't too bad cause I'm a triplet and at least I wasn't the only 1 all the time, but they did basketball during the winter so I was by myself and my older sisters had sports, too πŸ˜‘

• Career woman.

• I would like a sexy smart career woman now in my life

• A woman who doesn't want kids.

• I have more respect for career women.

• career woman

• I want house wife. What can I benefit from a career woman except sex which I can get anyway from whores and sluts? She has to be very hot for me to consider a long term relationship with her. Also i don't want to share my finances/resources, especially with a woman because she will take half of it.

Yes lads, never cohabitate with a woman if you want to increase your networth!

• Especially with a career woman *

• Let's break down the logic of you comment.

1. Wants a housewife.
      2. Doesn't want to share finances/ resources because you think she will take half of it.

Now lets look at the facts.

1. A housewife would be 100% reliant on the money you make.
      2. Alimony is calculated based upon income of both parties. The more she worked the less she gets IF any. Long term alimony only goes for women who haven't worked for an extended period of time and usually have a lower education thus a lower earning potential.
      3. Onto property/ asset division. First of all what you had BEFORE the marriage doesn't count (nor does it include some other stuff). And assets BOTH parties obtained are counted. So if she was working and making purchases her stuff would be included in that as well. It's often 50/50 but some places have Equitable Distribution.

So by choosing a housewife you are actually MORE likely to loss your money. Haha great job there.

• *your comment

• Career woman

• Career woman, but since this is only a binary question you might want to make it a poll next time.

• Housewife is ok, just taking care of the kids, do some house work and prepare dinner for husband to come back home.

• Career woman, more money that the household will make. Two people makes more money than just one person.

• Career woman would be my ideal spouse. I don't want kids so while I'm at work, why not have more money from your spouse?

• You would actually share your finances and resources with a woman. You men have lost your minds.

• Whatever she wants to be is my preference.

• Neither. I don't want to date a girl who works too much to have time for me, but I also don't want to date a lazy house wife that leeches off of me.

I just want a girl who makes enough money to add to my income, while working low hours so she has plenty of time to spend with me.

• Combo of both.. What's your thinking!

• housewife

• career women is more likely to leave you, be more concerned with status, and many others.

dont let the societies glorification of career and independence fool you. there's a whole another side people dont know about

• @Mrwoo99 exactly. women dont date down. this can be used in so many debates inculding equality but no one has time for truth or a reality check

• Women go on about equality yet dating is so unequal to men.

• I think kids are much better off at home with their Mothers while they're young so I chose someone who'd stay home until they're school age before getting back to work. Family > money.

• A fun career woman that rides street bikes and horses.

• A mix between the two of them

• American women will bleed you dry either way. They are not fit for marrying, only good for fun due to bad cultural vlaues (feminism). Travel and get a nice Asian girl for anything long term

• because in China for wherever you're from, you're only allowed one kid, and your societies aren't ery happy anyhow.

• @willoftheages you come across as an "expert in everything". Everyone loves this. I predict I am not the first one to point this out to you.

• blocking me, how liberal of you!

• Housewife!

• "smart woman". No such thing.

• housewvies are pretty pathetic.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 14

• I love my job but ideally I'd love to be able to stay home for the first 5 years of our kids lives and go back to work once they're in primary school.
    Financially I don't think this will be an option at this point though

• Either one doesn't make a woman less or downgraded.

• Both are good but family always comes first to me.

• I love being a SAHM!

• Idc what my husband wants imma workπŸ˜‚ for my enjoyment

• Career woman. It's just more realistic in today's world. Ideally, the career would be one that can work around the kids' schedule so you can care for them while making money.

• My boyfriend would refer if I pursued being a doctor. Me too, haha. He said he wants me to work no matter what. But, haha, he would be a stay at home dad if I made a lot of money as a doctor (which I would be fine with so long as he earned money at home via a part time, selling a craft, etc)

• Both please!

• I want to be a career woman.

• Career women. Its best to be financially independent since no one is reliable.

• both are fine

• I just want to be a tall glass of Pina colada

• I love working

• doesn't matter