What does it mean when a guy hesitates?

So me and my friend were hanging with this guy that i like and she was trying to give my number to him. She wrote my number on thousands of papers and threw them at him and he just laughed. I took them and said if he wanted my number then he'd ask for it. Then she started calling him my lover right in front of him and he just smiled. Then she asked him if he wanted my number and he hesitated to answer and looked back and forth from me to her. I asked then if he wanted it and he just said 'like you said if i wanted your number I would ask for it". What? Explain please.

What Guys Said 3

• From my experience he doesn't want to come off as an ass by getting your number from someone other than you. if your interested grow a pair and get his #.

• He doesn't like you. He is feeling pressured and doesn't want to hurt your feelings.

• Either your friend's behaviour spooked him or he's playing hard to get.

• 14d

He was smiling though... his face turned bright red and he's like super freaking awkward and maybe shy

• 14d

he was probably smiling because he didn't know what else to do.

What Girls Said 1

• i don't know if he is interested