Should I ask him out?

I recently met this guy at my university. We have been talking casually. I'd like to ask him out. There's not been much flirting though. Should I flirt more and then ask him out? Or could I just ask him out without flirting first?

What Guys Said 23

• you can go ahead, that's actually something that not many girls have the courage to do. However, a tip to help you out so you don't get shocked or embarrassed like the first time i asked a girl out. Always expect a rejection, no matter how much you thought they were into you. So prepare an answer incase he rejects you. When the girl rejected me when i asked here out (i was like 95% sure she would accept) i was shocked and caught offguard, my face became red and i got 10 times more nervous and didn't know what to do.

• 8d

That's the only reason I have courage to ask guys out. I prepare for them to say no mentally but ask as if I have the confidence they'll say yes. I'm cool if this guy says no. We can stay friends if he is okay with that.

• 7d

ah i see, we kinda think alike haha xD. Cause now i do the same when i ask a girl out, i ask with top almighty confidence, but always expecting a rejection. It got to a point that one time when a girl said yes i was shocked and caught offguard, my face became red and i didn't know what to do xD. I told her 'FUK... what?'

• He's a guy, you don't need more flirting haha just ask him out, the flirting will hopefully happen during the date.

• Don't ask him out. Maybe ask him to put together something for you, like a bookshelf, this way you get to see if he's useful, if he wants to be helpful, a bookshelf, and you get him to your place to evaluate his behavior. You find out so much so easy!

• 9d

Wtf. 😂👌🏻

• 9d

I would build a bookshelf for sure. I would actually appreciating the girl asking. Some gender theory I've heard is that men get their meaning from "doing," while women get meaning from "being." -- of course this is a generalization, but interesting. Gender theory is silly but still interesting.

• 9d

I'd agree to most of the observations found in Gender Theory. Thank you for the information and advice. I always enjoy your perspective.

• If he is flirting back then you don't need to flirt more. You know he likes you. Then ask him out. If your not sure if he likes you then talk to him casually and tell him that you like him. Then try to make a date with him.

• feel him out, throw in a question about his girlfriend, see what happens
    live by the epic words from the movie out cold
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-XZ91P-2W0

• Try to start flirting a lot. If he flirts back then that's great. Then once you guys feel really close and he still doesn't ask you first, you ask him

• Given the insanity of the affirmative consent rules at universities in your country; the antics of lunatics such as Mattress Girl; and the plethora of false campus rape allegations, it would be an extremely unwise young man who had anything to do with fellow (female) students.
    That may be why he is interacting with you in the way that you say he is.

• C'mon, what are you waiting for? Go ahead, do it now girl. Be confident and be straight about it, look him in the eye and ask him out right now

• William Blake once said "Better to strangle a babe in the cradle than to nurse an unfulfilled desire". Or words to that effect. Imagine yourself years and years from now. Will you regret having gone for it more, or will you regret not having gone for it more?

• Flirting would let him know you're interested and maybe get him to ask you out. Though that's more like a game tbh. Guys appreciate if you cut the bullshit and give it to them straight.

• why not

• You should just ask him out. See if Jen wants to hang out with you. Maybe do a group hangout. Him and your friends

• I personally view flirting as almost useless because people always question it. I say just ask him.

• Just ask him.

• Ask him out. It seems girls rarely ask out guys, but when they do I love it.

• If you like him there's no problem in asking him out. Men in geneal like a woman that has confidence, know what they want and make a move for it. Nothing fancy i hope or he may get the wrong inpression.

• You're obviously shy and its okay. You should flirt a little first so that your nerves can settle down with his in a flirty environment. Because if you asked him out and he said yes, it would be a little awkward since you haven't really done any flirting or teasing.

So Flirt a little, see his response to it, if its positive then great. Give a few days and then ask when the air is clear but be sure to do it.

Good Luck :)

• 9d

I'm not shy😂 Otherwise I wouldn't have the guts to ask him out. We are definitely attracted to each other, but there hasn't been much other flirtation. I just want to clarify that I see him as more than a friend. I think I'll start flirting a bit first though.

• ask him out

• Ask him out flirting can be hit and miss so that's a definite no sometimes guys like when girls make the first move, but be aware that he may not reciprocate your feelings, this is a smal chance though

• Recently is how long? 1 week?

• Flirting First then he will come to know your interest then you or he will think of going out

• Sure. Do it. Do not hesitate.

• I'd say you should just ask him. Just keep two things in mind:
    1. make sure he's alone when you ask him
    2. don't be too disheartened if he declines

What Girls Said 5