Forever Single?

I'm 22 and I have never had a serious relationship. I've dated a few guys here anywhere and have always been patient and let them have their space. Though, I feel like it hurts my chances. Guys tend to lose interest in me quick. I go on a few dates with a new guy and he'll tell me I'm so cool and blah blah blah but then he will slowly reduce the contacting until I barely hear from him.

I just have this feeling that I'm only friend material. Am I doomed to be forever alone or do I just need to be more asssrttive?

What Guys Said 10

• I believe you are looking for love in the wrong places.. Keep in mind that guys in their early 20's are "generally" focused on getting all they can or want. At the same time, there are a myriad of young men that would be the best choice but are sadly ignored.

• Be patient and keep trying/dating. It'll come. One suggestion though, when you are "patient and let them have their space", do you still communicate with them? Or are you quiet and let them come to you? I ask because as a guy, we'll take that as you're uninterested in us. Patient and space are GOOD things, don't get me wrong, but you also have to show signs you're still interested in us. It's all in the communication.

• 15d

I tend to be more quiet and wait until they contact me. I get a little freaked out when it comes to being the first one who contacts. This could be the problem

• No.

The more you worry, the more you'll psych yourself out to believe you'll be forever doomed to be single.

Get a grip and keep dating if you want. Or just chill for a while.

"You think about it too much", is what my friend told me once. Try not to let his consume you 'cause you're only gonna get yourself hurt by trying too hard or settling for someone who won't be good for you.

• 15d

Thank you! Your words are very wise

• It's me, who is doomed to be forever single. I never even had a date.

Don't be disappointed. You just haven't met a right guy yet. Is it something you do such as acting disinterested or flirting with other guys in his presence or trying to make a guy jealous? Because that won't work ever.

Hold on and socialize more until you can find someone.

• Well for starters, saying that you may be doomed to be forever alone is a bit of a stretch, considering that you've already had boyfriends. Guys are clearly into you, but you probably need to work on your interpersonal skills

• 15d

Thank you! That might be my issue

• Try lower your standards.

• YES. YES YES

• If you're attractive, then I don't see the problem. Most of us aren't too picky with women.

• All People are not same i think you have not yet find a person who like your behavior and your beauty
    There will one person to you also just find him

• I feel the same way but because I have been rejected too many times

What Girls Said 2

• You and me both, girl. I don't seem to find a guy for a long term relationship. I have dates, but... I really want love. I stopped believing in love.

• 15d

Yeah I feel that it's something I will never experience but I will keep trying

• 15d

Of course you will ;)

• hmm maybe you should try to go towards different type of guys than the ones you've been with before