What does being romantic mean to you?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• when someone is happy to be with me and wants to make me happy. They want to see me, want to spend time with me. When someone takes time to bring me up, to make me happy. When they took the effort to go the extra mile to make sure I am happy and are happy to make me happy. I don't want to be with someone who is extremely angry to do something that would make me happy. Please, go away.

What Guys Said 5

What Girls Said 17

• Being there. Just together talking and sleeping near one another. Joking, being close, touching, kissing, feeling warm, safe, small, protected, having flowers gifted to me, making him food, fixing his hair while teasing him about it... Sitting so close and speaking so quietly, no one else could hear our voices. Inside jokes. That feeling of knowing you're safe to act any way you like, to be free to express any way you feel and it will be understood. That's romance to me.

• Well for me, romance is... for lack of a better way of putting it... is doing something heartfelt for someone for the sake of making them feel loved, or openly expressing love in a way that is more intricate than you normally would, I suppose.

• 11d

I see. I'm so glad I'm single

• 10d

Hey that's a wise decision honestly. If you don't feel ready (or like you want to) then it's better to just be single. After all, too many people search out relationships for the wrong reasons, and we all know how that goes. You gotta be #1 in your life.

• 10d

Yas!!! 💅👑

• i think it means various ways of expressing love = whatever ways you wish. but the word has become just another platitude. i do think there are ways to express love but i never use the word romance to express love. its like a joke.

and i think flowers candy dinners have nothing to do with love it can be meaningful IF it is something the other person values, but usually they are just done as mindless cliches, on their own they are just things.

i prefer expressing love through physical affection-not sex, as well as being authentic trustworthy and reliable.

• Well, that depends, do you mean in terms of what we try to do to show romance... or what do we think a partner/lover does or would do to show us?

• 11d

Your definition on what is romantic

• 11d

Lol ok... well... be supportive, understanding, forgiving... genuinely enjoy your time together, do things together, cuddle, verbally demonstrate your commitment, be light-hearted... in gift giving stay away from the typical and cliche and pay attention to them enough to see how they react to things so that you're able to gift them something that will let them know how much you care and that they'll genuinely be happy to receive as much for the sake of the actual gift. Always be willing to help in the little ways that it matters. Knowing when to give space. Recognizing and anticipating their needs non-verbally sometimes. Never making them your enemy. Noticing and showing gratitude to the effort they put in for you. Giving into the cliche things for each other. Staying committed to passion. Being your best self. Understanding when they're not theirs. Letting them know that no one compares. (and meaning and showing it) Ad infinitum.

• 10d

Okay but I wasn't talking about me lol I don't have a boyfriend

• To me romance is when he puts in effort to show you what you mean to him. This can be through texts, cute little notes, flowers off the ground, Victoria secret lmfao anything really that shows he truly loves you and wants to make you smile.

• Being romantic is putting in effort, and showing someone you love them by actions. It could be as simple as canceling other plans just to spend the day with you. Anyone can woo you with words, but its the actions that show true romance, and love.

• For me... being sensitive.

• Doing something nice for your partner like a candles lit dinner it could be and home and he could even cook the meal it would be romantic, to be romantic it doesn't cost that much

• the genuine caring feeling from the heart; the loving gaze, etc

• Expressing love and affection.

• Flowers, stars, boat rides and grass.

• When a man bring flower to a date, hold the door, little things like that.

• Romantic means to me: hugs, kisses, make love, worry about him/her, make together plans for the future and think of him/her first in the morning and last at night 😊😊😊😊 @JustCallMeLeon

• respectful and caring

• It means getting someone flowers that you love or cooking them their favorite meal

• Flowers candy can delight dinner

• Affectionate. Not just being physical affectionate with your partner, but all cute affectionate things like writing little notes to him/her and etc.

• 11d

What if I don't like being romantic at all?

• 11d

Yeah, that is going to be hard because most people like to give affection.

• 11d

And I don't. Lol I give tough love instead