I've known her for 4 years?

I am in need of advice. I have feelings for a friend of mine. We have known each other for 4 years now and I am finally taking her out on a date. I helped coach a sports team that she was on and we became friends. We have talked for a bit over the last four years on Facebook.

Two weeks ago we go to talking and I told her that I liked her. Her response was "I know." She went on to say that she doesn't know how she feels about me because we haven't seen each other in person for quite some time. Since then we have been Snapchatting everyday.

I recently found out it is going to be her birthday right around the time I am heading back home. She agreed to let me take her out on a date. I have a nice restaurant picked out already for dinner. I need some tips and advice. Every article I have read so far talks about just meeting this person, not being friends for a couple years.

By the way I am 22 and its going to be her 18th birthday. Thank you for your help.

What Girls Said 1

• It's positive that you've known her for years because you will be able to talk to her at ease about the things she enjoys. You can bring up topics that interest her. It will be easy for you. Also, try teasing her a little.

What Guys Said 1

• domt do it

• 13d

Why not?

• 13d

I dated a friend and it killed our friendship 2 years later we still don't talk. So if your not willing to lost this girl as a friend then dont do it.