Why does he habitually make plans and then ditch me?

He will ask me to come over at a certain time and I will agree to come and then when the time comes, he's nowhere to be found. This has happened numerous times (I'm actually losing count). I know it's "because I let him", and I've literally bitched him out over it, but he still continues to make plans that fall through. Sometimes I won't even hear from him and he won't tell me he had to cancel or give a reason why. It never fails. Does he just love knowing that I want to be with him, and that when he does this shit it gets a reaction out of me? I know some people love to be waited on and all but you would think he would give it a rest.

What Guys Said 2

• dump him! he is wasting your time

• Dump this loser. You can do a lot better than someone so disrespectful.

What Girls Said 4

• he just wants to see if you will accept. it's an ego boost

• My ex used to do this to me every single time and sometimes it'd be when I'm ready and everything. Leave now before he gets out of hand.

• 6d

That is so me! I would be fully dressed and made up and then I'd get ditched. It's so annoying.

• 6d

He cheated on you didn't he :/

• You're right, it's because you let him. You can't change him, so you either accept it and this is the way he'll treat you, or you move on to a guy who respects you enough to keep your plans. I mean, it's a pretty basic level of respect.

• Definitely leave him cause he'll keep doing it. Similar thing happened to me, and it just kept happening and happening. He eventually told me he was "afraid of commitment" and didn't want to become anything "too serious"... y'know, after I lost my virginity to him.

We could have plans in the morning and at night when I would text saying I was on my way over, he'd ignore it and most times would answer way past the time I was planning on coming over saying he was "sleeping". Now I knew he wasn't sleeping at 5pm and randomly waking up at 2am to tell me this happened. One time one of my friends even sent me a picture of him at the bar because she knew I was supposed to see him that day.