How the hell does tinder work?

I just joined tinder and am new to the whole thing. but I scroll through girls and I like a lot of them. I've made my profile to be the best it can be, making me look nice and inviting, but I get nothing back. how does this degenerate app work?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you've done that so far, all you can do is wait until someone likes you back

What Girls Said 1

• I guess you swipe left to reject and right swipe to accept someone. I don't really know mucj about it though. I don't want to date.

What Guys Said 3

• I seem to match with a decent amount of girls. But when I suggest we meet up they always make excuses. I give up.

• It works like this.. You get on a worthless app that will give you confidence at the very beginning to keep you interested. Then after using it for a day or two, you will find that it is in fact worthless. I've never used Tinder by the way..

• Swipe left & right on girls on the app.
    Wait for match.
    Message matched girl.
    Delete app after no one responds apart from the bots and few people you can't remember matching with.

You basically just have to wait etc.

• 11d

sounds like a shitty app

• 11d

Depends what you are on there for.

1) Actually trying to find a girlfriend/boyfriend.
      2) Just one time hookups or nothing serious.
      3) Just for shits and giggles.

All require you to wait etc., so pretty much what you said, and I have had it for years.