Is it weird to celebrate monthly anniversaries?

I personally think its fine and i enjoy celebrating every month anniversaries. But im open to hear what you girls and guys think!

What Guys Said 11

• If it is something that words for you for your mental and emotional state, then it is what is wrong and good for you overall, and that's where it should lay. No matter what others might think or say, if it is something you enjoy then continue to celebrate as you desire. I see nothing wrong with doing as you've begun, especially if it puts a smile on your face and continues to fill that space in your heart with joy and pleasure. That's my bottom line.

• Don't worry but the frequency you are doing it, you'll get tired of it soon enough.

It feels special once, but if you repeatedly keep doing it again and again, it loses its value.

• Yes
    An anniversary happens every year, not every month so there is absolutely no such thing as a month anniversary, even if you want there to be or say that there is, it simply doesn't exist.

Also, what is the point of celebrating every month? Is it such a surprise to be in a relationship on a monthly bases? Is that not normal? Are your milestones really that low for you? To be together for an entire year is great. A month? It's not that special.

• Provided you don't turn it into an act of worshiped. Only the Almighty is to be worshiped.

• I dated a girl years ago that kept track of all our anniversaries. It was a bit much. Her-Do you know what today is? Me- Tuesday her-the 3 month anniversary from when you asked me out.
    Her- Do you know what today is? Me-(sigh) an anniversary of some sort? Her- It's the 22nd week anniversary of our first kiss!
    Ain't nobody got time for that.

• To me, it's pointless.

• no excuse too flimsy to party. Life is short. Good for you for finding a reason to celebrate.

• Its fine to celebrate it.
    Just don't go posting it all over snapchat and Facebook.
    Everyone hates that.

• Weird, no, but not necessarily for sure. It's fine as long as it's not "expected" with gifts etc. And if the guy happens to forget one month he doesn't "pay for it" lol

• Yeah it's kinda weird. It's not necessary.

• I think it's fine.

What Girls Said 5

• It's a nice gesture , so if that's what two people want to do then that's fine

• It's uneccesary, unless you've only had short relationships.

• I think it is excessive.

• If it works for your relationship then I say go for it. But me personally that would get a little annoying don't want to sound mean I'm just being honest. I just celebrate the year mark and keep it moving.

• In the beginning of a relationship I think it's cute. But after a year it's old, we get it you've been together for x amount of years.. no need to celebrate every MONTH. I only celebrate yearly anniversary with my boyfriend.