Why does he care so much about me working?

I was on maternity leave from work when I met him which lasted longer than I hoped because I had school and needed bonding time with my baby, plus I needed a new job where I could have time for school and her. Every time we hang out he's always like "When are you going back to work?" and I actually start work on Monday (yayy!) I actually really love to work and can't wait <3 but, he's always trying to probe me about it, and keeps asking me where I'm working and all this, it's like dude, why do you care? (we're not in anything serious). It seems important to him?

What Guys Said 2

• Ask him. If you're not in a serious relationship yeah I don't know why. If you were I'd say he's worried about money, and/or doesn't want you to loose interest (ie, get comfortable not working and not go back), but when you're not serious? Don't know. Only he can answer. Maybe just curious/making conversation?

• just ask him to learn the reason

What Girls Said 3