How do I find out if my guy friend likes me?

I've gotten close to one of my guy friends for the past 3 years. We chat on fb everyday throughout the day and know of each other's life. I recently got out of a relationship and he's been there for me consoling me every day. Recently I noticed that he's been inviting me out more one on one and just grabbing something to eat or drink. There was also a time where I was talking to him about two super pretty girls that we know and I made a comment of "I wish I was pretty like them" and he responded back with "I think you're better than them". But he also always talk about girls he's interested in. I think I'm starting to develop feelings for him, but I'm not sure how he feels about me and I don't want to ruin our friendship. What would be the best way for me to figure out his feelings for me?

What Guys Said 7

• The way that I suggest protecting the friendship is to use your guys mutual friends to ask him in person. However if he is not ready to admit to liking you then he will lie. Otherwise make sure your ready for a relationship and for your friendship to go either way and while your out with him casually talk to him about it.
    Honestly you do need to be ready for if it goes south or if it turns out ok.

• Granted, we're only hearing your side of things here, but I think you should just go for it as it sounds like he's at least interested. Sure, it might damage your friendship, but you have the chance for something really special. Just do the old Netflix and chill evening and see what happens. If after leaning into him he doesn't lock lips, then you know there's nothing there.

• Hindsight will tell. Hindsight is usually pretty good.

• Hold his hand gently. If he likes you, he will look at you and hold it tighter. Sit next to him and lay your head on his shoulder. If he likes you then soon enough he will wrap his arm around you and smell your hair. Nobody can resist those things.

• ı think he likes u

• Instead of pursuing it just relax and continue as is. If you haven't noticed you guys are already heading down the road that'll bring you two together. Don't rush it, enjoy it.

• It seems like he already likes you

What Girls Said 6

• Simple. You ask him and not play games to see if he does. He will never know what or how you feel if you don't make that clear to him. All he's going to think is that he has a female friend with low self-esteem and needs his input to make you feel better/special. Don't be that kind of girl, or else he's not going to see your worth as a potential dating partner and not just a friend. You need to tell how you feel if you want him to know. At this point, if he is comfortable enough to talk about other girls in front of you, it means that he is not interested, nor is he looking at you as a potential girlfriend. You need to speak up. Otherwise, you have two choices:

1. Either learn to be his friend and support him, but let those feelings die.
    2. Or be prepared to risk your friendship if he says no.

Guys and men overall need's the facts, not feelings unless they specifically ask you: "How do you FEEL about [this] and/or [that]?"

• Don't figure out, just be friends and let him confess it if it's there. You could end up reading the signs into deeply and ruin a friendship from overthinking. If he does then that's wonderful but allow him to confess when he feels like it.

• ask him playfully. see what he says. he could just be being a good friend.

• he already likes u

• Ask him! Become more flirty when you're one on one. If he responds positively, I think you're quite safe. Also if it doesn't turn out right, it doesn't have to be the end of the friendship as long as you can be normal.

• ask him