Guys, 25-27 years old, would you date a 19 year old?

• Yes
    71% (82)
  • No
    29% (33)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll
9d PLEASE only answer if you're between 25-27. Otherwise this is useless
9d Honestly those that are younger answering as a "hypothetical" question. You will go through many changes and there is no way you can say that in a few years you'd feel the same. Through your 20's you change a lot, and a lot of maturity happens. There is no way you can predict this. Sexually, sure why not, but I mean forming a true relationship with a 19 year old.

60

Most Helpful Guy

• Well let's see... Back when I was 24 I dated a 19 year old. It was fun and we dated for over a year. She was more mature than most gals that age in most ways. Ultimately there were issues that arose and we split up. LOL One thing that I did not know at the time was that she was dealing with issues of sexual orientation. I found out years later that she got married to another woman. I didn't see that coming! LOL...

• 8d

I didn't vote in the poll, so as to not skew the results from your chosen age range.

• 8d

I also enjoyed your comment (:

• 8d

LOL Looking back all those years, I must say those were some fun days. Sometimes the age difference was apparent, often it was not. I remember I got some tickets to a major league baseball game that were right behind home plate. We were making out. It occurred to me there were 10,000 pairs of eyes that could be watching us, so we "got out of Dodge"... LOL... One reason why it blew my mind when I found out she went for women after we split up!

What Guys Said 59

• When I was 25-27, I dated 19 year old girls. I have dated 19 year old girls since I was 18 and I still do from time to time. The last two were about 3 years ago and the last time I dated an 18 year old was about 7 years ago (although she was 10 days shy of 19 when we met, so she was quickly 19). My current primary girlfriend is 22.

Now here is the info you can use. Not every 19 year old is the same. The thing about the ones I've dated since I graduated college is that they are all unusually mature in attitude for their age. They feel that they don't fit in with guys their age. They refuse to date them.

Yes, females change who they are very much between 12 and 23, which is why the divorce rate for women who marry at 21 and less is astronomical. But there are a few who mature faster than others (the ones who are trying to rush into marriage at 19 are not the mature ones). I wouldn't want to be at the same table as a typical 19 year old, but the ones I have been with are not typical.

• I'm obviously a little older than the guys you're targeting in this post, but when I was in my mid to late twenties, I wouldn't have put off the possibility, depends on a lot of variables, like her maturity level, her goals in life, her ambitions, and if she's financially responsible (I know at this age, financial responsibility isn't yet learned, but I believe you learn it in your teen years).

• You know it's really funny if you shift these numbers are bit.

"Guys, 23-25 years old, would you date a 17 year old?"
    or
    "Guys, 22-24 years old, would you date a 16 year old?"

And so on, the question takes a very different turn even though the age gaps are the same each question. Both of which everyone would say no due to fear of prison and social stigma (unless the laws in their country say otherwise.). 1 year (or less) is the difference between being 'A-Ok' and 'Registered Sex Offender' lol.

• Nah, too young. She probably hasn't lived much outside of home and school.

• I am 24 but soon 25, and I'd say it REALLY depends. I know I wouldn't have dated myself before 22, maybe others manage to gather up a maturity that makes a relationship with them make sense.

• I'm 29 years old, and no I would not date somebody that young. It's not just about the age either. Most people that young don't share the same values and maturity that someone that is older would. I'd almost feel like I'd have to help raise the girl and help her grow up. Not every girl is like that, of course (there are exceptions). But generally speaking..

• It would depend on the girl to be honest, most girls at that age don't have the maturity i'm looking for (as in mental maturity)

• No, I would not.

• Yea, it has a slight odd feeling depending on the girl, but yes I would.

• Well I'm 25 in just over a month, and assuming she was mature enough to not seem like a child to me I would date a 19 year old woman.

• if she was mature enough yeah but its probly a high no

• Anyone under 18 shouldn't be on this site

• Maybe i mean i can see a few issues that are more likely with an age gap like that But i know pepole 18-20 mostly my siblings and relatives they can be very capable mature have strengths and knowledge i don't and be relatable dealing with some similar problems etc but I don't see why 19 couldnt work especially if they where relatively gifted.
    Why do you ask?

• 9d

Many if not most have better punctuation than me.
      I wish i could edit my answers after submission!
      Make it more dyslexic friendly please GaG

• I dated a 24 year old when i was 18... so 25 and 19 would be the same age difference! So yes I would have. 😀

• I voted no, but i would be willing to make an exception only if she turns out to be mature, well mannered, and doesn't play stupid games like beating around the bush, or play hard to get, at some point in life it just becomes annoying as fuck.

• i can see this question being more relevant the other way around

• When I was 25-27 HS girls were thin air for me.

• Not 25 but I'll probably always be attracted enough to fuck a nice tight young 19 year old. Dating? Nah.. too much of a maturity gap.

• yes plenty of guys i know date and even end up marrying girls 5-6 years younger than them not even a big deal only on this site everyone is so against it for some reason its perfectly normal.

• I would have done when I was that age. Having said that, I skew the data because my mental age is on average 2/3 of my biological age.

• i dont htink i wouldve.

19 is just so young. a typical 19 yr old that is.

after 23 anythign goes. I've dated a 24 yr old in my thrities

• Yeah most likely. Wed have to click and have similar interests and goals.

• if we clicked yes I would.

• Age is just a number to some people.
    I wouldn't have a problem dating someone that's nineteen , if I like her I like her

• You're legal so why not? I still do the occasional 18yo at 102 (Yes I'm a dirty old man and don't care).

• 0|0
  • Age is just a number

• depends on the girl, not the age.

• Maybe, maybe not. And im older. Dunno, depends on N things.

• If she was mature enough.

• More from Guys
    29